2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mines a 2006 civic 2.2 sport and the one thing about the car that really irritates me is the lack of a courtesy lamp in the boot. Yes I know there is one over the back seats but when i lift the tail gate the parcel shelf lifts and obscures the lamp.
Is a lamp in the boot an optional extra or just a design omission? and has the 2007 model got one? anyone retro fitted one??

Regards

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Can only speak for mine, the EX has a courtesy light in the boot, out of sight on driver's side.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I thought that I had the same problems with my ES, but I eventually worked out that my boot light has never been connected to the power!
I have tried to fish the cable out of the paneling, but would need to have the fingers of a contortionist! One for the garage to sort I think.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
took the light out expecting to replace the bulb but like yours it was not connected. Had quite a job extracting the connector from behind the trim but all working now.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I also thought the civic didn't have a boot light until I read this post ! The dealer is going to fix it when it is in getting other work done

·
Registered
94 Posts
Minw was the same, first time i opened it in the dark i thought "its bloody dark in here" the light had never been connected to the wire!!! I pulled the light out and found the wire and hooked it up myself.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Got boot light fixed today, it was wired wrongly. Now I have to get the plastic trim that surrounds the light replaced as they split it in half! Not to worry, only my 10th visit in 10 months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts