2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning chaps,

I changed my key fob battery the other day, and since then i cant unlock the card with the button on my key.

I can only imagine that i need to resync my car with the key?

any help would be brilliant

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
If you have just changed the battery then the lights will illuminate even if you need to reprogram.
Id check
1. That its the right type of battery CR1616
2. That its the right way up the writing should face the back cover.

If these dont work you may even have a dodgy battery i only use eveready as cheapo brands dont seem to last long.

Wardy

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have just changed the battery then the lights will illuminate even if you need to reprogram.
Id check
1. That its the right type of battery CR1616
2. That its the right way up the writing should face the back cover.

If these dont work you may even have a dodgy battery i only use eveready as cheapo brands dont seem to last long.

Wardy
odd, must be a duff batterey, ive put the 'old' one back in, and it lights up, sending these crap batteries back, and buying another branded one.

thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Holy thread revival!

Any tips if the screw wont come out of they key mine is stuck and chewing up now despite correct small screwdriver used ?

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
The trouble is they use thread lock when manufacturing, if you loose the screw head you ain't gonna get it undone.
You can either
1 use a very small dill and replace the screw if you get it out.
2 I heat the screw up with a soldering iron applying pressure you will be able to open the case once the plastic has warmed around the screw you can then use pliers then to get the screw out, I can then normally use the same screw to tighten back up.
3 let me convert it for ya and do away with the oem key all together with a new Flipkey.;)

Wardy

Sent from my HTC M9 and the power of my thumbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flip key

Had to by new key today so had a man in a van do me a new flip key bit on the expensive mind you £150 ouch !!!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Yes the key fob is a very poor design, you can never get that small screw out in one piece. I had to replace the screws after fitting a new battery. Its a lot better and a piece of cake on my Merc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts