2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my key fobs stopped working so I followed the advice on here and fitted a new CR1616 battery, but still nothing. The little red light doesn't even light up when you push a button. I tested the battery with a multimeter and it's showing 3V and I've checked it's the right way round. Do the electronics in the fobs pack up, or have I boobed in buying a cheap battery and perhaps they only work with quality ones? Does that really make a difference?

Thanks!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Stupid question, but I only ask as I've done this before... :oops: is it in the right way around?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I matched the old one and also checked the "+" on the battery is the same side as the "+" on the case.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Sorry mate never buy cheap, I only use energizer batteries and Honda use Panasonic
You wont go wrong with a proper battery 99% sure thats what it will be mate been covered loads of times on here.

Wardy

·
more torque than the mrs
6,758 Posts
+1 i bought a cheap battery it didn't work, i went to the dealer who fitted me a new battery . worked :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it might be that... just wanted to double check that the electronics weren't liable to pack up too. I'll go and order a better battery. That'll teach me to be a tightwad!! Thanks everyone. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts