2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Newb
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to switch off the "annoying" beeping noise that lets you know your key is still in the igntion when you open a door???

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I suppose you could try to find and remove the actual beeper.
I did this years ago on a slightly more basic car..

Should be easy enough though if you can find it.

Seat belt beeper can be disabled, have a look in the how-to section.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Take the key out of the ignition!! :rolleyes: [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Is there a way to switch off the "annoying" beeping noise that lets you know your key is still in the igntion when you open a door???

How about remembering to take the key out BEFORE you open the door.

Don't know why no one else thought of that.

"Just say you're sorry.
No one says that you have to mean it!"

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Failing that get some ear plugs...

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
if you are working on your car or cleaning it you can just unscrew the door switch which usually shuts it up! u have to remember to put it back in after though!

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
It' shouldn't be disconnected, it's also to stop you leaving your key in when topping up fuel at the garage. A thief will have it away even when your stood next to it.:(

Put up with it, don't know what the fuss is about :confused:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
It' shouldn't be disconnected, it's also to stop you leaving your key in when topping up fuel at the garage. A thief will have it away even when your stood next to it.:(

To be honest neither do I, it has never bothered me. :)

·
Newb
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not tht stupid to leave it in the ignition...
just when i let people in car..
goin to boot etc
it bugs me lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
There may be keyless entry and keyless engine start in coming facelifted civic if it comes ! Does it solve the problem ?

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
There may be keyless entry and keyless engine start in coming facelifted civic if it comes ! Does it solve the problem ?
possibly - but a fairly expensive solution to a minor irritation! :D

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
im not tht stupid to leave it in the ignition...
just when i let people in car..
goin to boot etc
it bugs me lol
Suuggestion, It doesn't bleep when the engine is running, that might the answer for you if it gets on your nerves that much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a beep hater too. It's a complete pain in the arse when you are cleaning the car and only want the key turned to the (I) position to listen to the stereo, I know you can turn it to ON but I have always thought that would wear the battery down quicker. I could understand the usefulness of a beeper in older cars, but It's sort inherently impossible to leave your keys in the ignition if you are in any way worried about security, as you need them to lock the car anyway. For some reason it's a real saga to disable beeps nowadays, in my previous car if you disconnected the beeper module you the electric windows wouldn't work!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have to agree, I hate all the stupid beeps that the Civic and other "modern" cars make. There is no need for it. Any time the car beeps it's telling you something you already knew and didnt need to be reminded about by a beeping noise. It just gets on my nerves, Im pretty sure car manufacturers think people are retards. any how I could whinge all day... rant over. However I do quite like the way the civic also has a little picture on the screen to tell you why its beeping. Cars that beep and dont tell you why are just plain annoying.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts

i only disable it when im working on my car and i want to listen to the radio, like when im cleaning it or fiddling with some part.

·
Jayne here too!!
676 Posts
how long before theres a thread that goes something like: Car stolen because i forgot to take the key out of the ignition.?? lol

I can't say as ive ever really noticed it to be honest!!!

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
how long before theres a thread that goes something like: Car stolen because i forgot to take the key out of the ignition.?? lol

I can't say as ive ever really noticed it to be honest!!!
I am like you!

To be honest I like the beeps because sometimes when I have parked my car I am concentrating on something else and might forget something without thinking - the beeps help me focus :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts