2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Ive been recently been having problems with my key fob, it works 8-9 times out of 10 but sometimes it takes a few button pressing episodes to activate or deactivate the alarm and lock and unlock i think you get the picture,

i went to my local key cutter to ask about a new battery he said to try reprogramming it as its infared the signal can break down he advised that *** should re programe there key every 2-3 years so im going to try do this if possible by the car owner i know some car keys need a proper auto electrician or dealer to do it so does anyone have any info on this? and i think ill do the battery at the same time to be safe, ive tried my spare key a few times and had no issues as of yet

if anyone has any info on programing the key or experianced the same i look forward to hearing from you :)

Thanks
Jay

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Hi All

Ive been recently been having problems with my key fob, it works 8-9 times out of 10 but sometimes it takes a few button pressing episodes to activate or deactivate the alarm and lock and unlock i think you get the picture,

i went to my local key cutter to ask about a new battery he said to try reprogramming it as its infared the signal can break down he advised that *** should re programe there key every 2-3 years so im going to try do this if possible by the car owner i know some car keys need a proper auto electrician or dealer to do it so does anyone have any info on this? and i think ill do the battery at the same time to be safe, ive tried my spare key a few times and had no issues as of yet

if anyone has any info on programing the key or experianced the same i look forward to hearing from you :)

Thanks
Jay
Just change the battery fella they are less than a quid and I bet it resolves it anyways
When the battery is running low there the signal will be weaker.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
i think your key cutter has got the bit about the fob being infra red wrong the remote is RF mine works from within the house through a brick wall i don't know of any infra red remote that can penetrate a brick wall

as others have already said above it'l be your battery just get a new one

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys will I be able to change battery without having to recode to car

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Been having the same problem's with my keyfob.
Did replacement battery solve the problem.
Hi, I had the following problems.
Would come to the car and the fob wouldn't unlock or lock the car. No red light on the fob. Press it 10 or 20 times and it would suddenly work ok. No problems for a few days, then the same problem would happen. This happened for a few weeks until I changed the battery in the fob, no more problems since.
Funny thing was that the spare wouldn't work. The battery in the spare, which has never been taken out of the drawer, went flat before the one used every day.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Funny old things batteries mate, sometimes though it can be a dry joint on the board for one of the buttons my locksmith says that's more common than changing the battery!!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts