2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

Anyone had any problems with the remote unlocking not working? I assume the battery is going in the key but can see where I can replace it, it looks sealed.

Car is a 56 plate so getting on a bit, problem is I end up driving it with the alarm going made whilst driving cos it wont disable the alarm very annoying.

Anyone else had this? I assume dealing only..

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hi There,

Anyone had any problems with the remote unlocking not working? I assume the battery is going in the key but can see where I can replace it, it looks sealed.

Car is a 56 plate so getting on a bit, problem is I end up driving it with the alarm going made whilst driving cos it wont disable the alarm very annoying.

Hi,

It should be a simple fix to replace the battery. On the back (honda sign), you'll see a little screw at the bottom. Unsrew and pry open. Give it a little wiggle this usually helps. Then remove the remote casing, unclip from both ends, and bobs your uncle. you can then replace your battery.

With regards to the car bat, its prob best for someone with more knowledge to reply.

Hope you get on well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick reply, should be no probs after a bit of research the battery is a 1616 button cell about a fiver so will give it a bash.

Cheers
:eek:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi There,

You say the unlocking, but is the locking OK. If the locking is OK I suggest it may be a problem with the unlock button. Have you tried the other remote.

I'm not sure of the lock/unlock method with the early 8th gen Civic, but with the 7th gen (double push to lock) and the later 8th gen (single push to lock) you can use the key if the remote doesn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts