2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some ******* **** ******* **** ****** ******** **** **** Keyed my car!!! (answers on a postcard!)

Managed to polish it out but still not the ******* *** ****** ***** ********* ** ******* * *** point!!!

Grrrrrrrr

·
Registered
423 Posts
Want me to come and sort them out for you???

Bar stewards, the lot of them. Sorry mate :(

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Really really sucks.

Well after being attacked by a cat, my car has been "keyed" by a piece of folliage when I was out driving round some of those narrow country lanes in deepest rural Surrey over the weekend!

Lucky this just polished off but I am amazed how easy the paint seems to scratch? Is modern water based paint really this bad?

My old Rover with proper environmentally un-friendly cellulose paint was almost impossible to scratch. I once reversed it a bit too close to a thorny bush and rubbed the whole passenger side along it - not even a hint of a scratch. I think if I did that in my Rocketship it would look like I had washed it with a sandpaper sponge...

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Want me to come and sort them out for you???

Bar stewards, the lot of them. Sorry mate :(
Always welcome!! Bring an extra bat and I will join you!!!!! :evil:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But on the plus side did make me make her nice and shiny

Attachments

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Really really sucks.

my car has been "keyed" by a piece of folliage when I was out driving round some of those narrow country lanes in deepest rural Surrey over the weekend!

Lucky this just polished off but I am amazed how easy the paint seems to scratch? Is modern water based paint really this bad?

Same here down on the Isle of Wight, a nice long scratch on the passenger side from headlight to rear light.
Polished out, but you can still see a slight mark all the way down the car.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeh if you really look hard you can still see it there. Mine runs all the way down the length of the car aswell. Bugger. :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had this happen to my HR-V a few years ago in a 'dodgy' are of Coventry. Managed to polish out a lot of it but had to trade it in with it still obvious. Problem not limited to UK though as have seen lots of cars in northern Spain 'keyed'. I have wondered whether keeping a good thick layer of polish on the vehicle might hinder the damage?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Sorry to hear :(

If I've got the supaguard type of paint protection on my Civic what polish should I be using to get any tar and other slight marks off? Is there a nice simple Meguiar's polish 1-step that I could use? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Keyed - Have only had it 6 weeks

Someone keyed my car last night. Looking at it I dont think it has gone through to the body work. Loads od swirls

Any suggestions as to what I should do, i.e. try and work it out, if so, what should I use. Or should I take it to Honda to get it sorted.

I am really pissed off, as I had only left it for approx 15 minutes at the train station whilst I helped carry my sister's bags to the platform.

Any advise/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks - Emma

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Someone keyed my car last night. Looking at it I dont think it has gone through to the body work. Loads od swirls

Any suggestions as to what I should do, i.e. try and work it out, if so, what should I use. Or should I take it to Honda to get it sorted.

I am really pissed off, as I had only left it for approx 15 minutes at the train station whilst I helped carry my sister's bags to the platform.

Any advise/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks - Emma

Hi Emma

Sorry to hear about your car :(

Maybe it was someone's bags etc it it is swirl marks, try to polish them out and if your car is metalic make sure you use a t cut type polish that is suitable.

If you take it to a Honda dealership they will have stronger compounds that they can try to use to get the marks out for you and maybe try and machine buff them out. Hopefully it wont need re-spraying.

Good Luck
TC

·
Registered
28 Posts
TC & Lee-Tyre

Thanks for your suggestions

I will probably take it to Honda to get sorted, as I am not very clued up when it comes to sorting this type of thing. Do you think we are taking big bucks, the area that has been damaged is approx 6 inches x 6 inches and looking at it I dont think it was accidential

To say I am annoyed is an understatement, I am trying to put it in perspective as it can be sorted

Thanks - Emma

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry to hear about it Emma - its a nightmare as no-where is 100% safe from this kind of thing :(
Honda sounds like a plan as they will have the right equiptment
Alex

1 - 20 of 35 Posts