2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have done a search and could not see a clear answer apart from visiting a dealership.

Recently I have noticed the fob not working from a distance, but as i got closer to the car, the fob works and unlocks the door.

I opened the fob up to find out what battery was in there (so i could buy a replacement) got to the battery type and number and put it all back together within 2 minutes.

Went to check to see if it still locks/unlocks the car and it has stopped working, luckily the spare key still unlocks/locks the doors.

The car is a 2007 Civic EX.

Any thoughts / ideas?

Thanks!

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,423 Posts
get a new battery and try that ...... I change mine every 2 years ..... only cost couple of pound and many offers 2 for 1 on ebay.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
It's defo the battery I don't recommend buying cheap batteries as they just don't work, I only ever use energizer batteries myself, as the battery loses power first the range goes then it will either unlock and not lock or vis versa I've even heard of unlocking the car but not turning off the alarm.
Wardy

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, I thought it may have lost its coding in the 2 minutes when there was no battery in the fob. I will change the panasonic battery for the best i can find and i will see how i get on.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Nah mate it shouldn't have lost the code as silly as it sounds is the battery the right way up as the oem battery is a Panasonic it should work really unless it's a dud, is the writting facing the casing ?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Intermediate solution would be to hold the key to your head and press the button then. Increases the range - as strange as it sounds...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts