2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after having to get the car jumped after leaving it parked in the hospital carpark for 2 days. I went to get it checked at a garage, its goosed. So i phoned the srealers to ask if it was under warranty, yes but we need the car overnight. Why overnight i asked , so we can chrge the battery up overnight. Now the battery dont hold a charge i said , still they want it over night or no warrranty. This such a pain in the @ss. Honda insist that they do loads of checks before the warranty kicks in. Anybody else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Just been out to my car to nip to the shops and all I got was the starter relay chattering!
Jump started it nipped to the shops and when I got back it started fine???

Gonna see if it starts in the morning if not down to the dealers.

My warranty runs out in a couple of weeks is the battery covered? Anybody know?

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery is covered

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Well after having to get the car jumped after leaving it parked in the hospital carpark for 2 days. I went to get it checked at a garage, its goosed. So i phoned the srealers to ask if it was under warranty, yes but we need the car overnight. Why overnight i asked , so we can chrge the battery up overnight. Now the battery dont hold a charge i said , still they want it over night or no warrranty. This such a pain in the @ss. Honda insist that they do loads of checks before the warranty kicks in. Anybody else had this problem?

Whilst its a pain, I guess it makes sense that they would want to check, rather than just giving a brand new battery to everyone who had left their lights on overnight :(
(not suggesting for a moment that you did! - but they don't know that you didn't)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had exactly the same problem on 10 months old ex, Honda assist came and tested battery........Diagnosed dead battery, Honda dealer replaced it...........Regards N.:popcorn:

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,171 Posts
ive had one to. they do a few tests, but i did notice my green ball in the battery window had been missing for a few months, so had been on its way out for along time. all done FOC.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
but i did notice my green ball in the battery window had been missing
My battery was flat today after leaving the car for a couple of days.

What do you mean by green ball? Is there an indicator for battery condition?

Tim

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They changed it for me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What do you mean by green ball? Is there an indicator for battery condition?

Tim
There's a little window on top of the battery; peer inside it and if you can see green then the battery's OK. Mind you, on my 05 Civic this last winter it never did show green, even after a longish run, and I was getting twitchy about buying a new battery. But I never had trouble starting the car - which I part-exchanged in late March.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
There's a little window on top of the battery; peer inside it and if you can see green then the battery's OK. Mind you, on my 05 Civic this last winter it never did show green, even after a longish run, and I was getting twitchy about buying a new battery. But I never had trouble starting the car - which I part-exchanged in late March.
Even if it's green doesn't mean the battery is OK, it just means that the one cell is OK, the other cells may be dead and hence a duff battery. That green indicator is a sales gimmick and is useless :(

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I had the same problem, battery suddenly went flat. AA checked the battery and claimed it was dead, the dealer said they needed to check it out. The next day the battery had been charged and all ok but I was told i didn't need a new battery, just a ACU "fix" required. Apparently they was replacing batteries and having the same thing happen, and so the dealers now have a special battery tester and this "fix" to stop it happening again.

·
Registered
420 Posts
alot of faults with the batteries, i i had mine sat with ignition off with radio on for about 20-25mins and had the system check (as a warning i guess) so turned it all off

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Turns out the battery is fine but my civic needs a software upgrade as the bluetooth is draining the power.

Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts