2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Kight Rider Light

Nadz said:
would this look naff on the front or not?
Curiously I've seen a post on a portuguese forum (a general forum) where a user asked if this civic model had some light in the front middle and someone replied that this car was not Knight Rider's Kitt!

:D

But has long has it is not on mine, I would like to see the result of that moving light applied to the front of a civic ... 8)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
WikiPedia said:
Something which is seen to be particularly "cheesy" or "tacky". An example of a sentence in which it might be used is, "Did you see that Doctor Who repeat on the TV last night? I've never seen such naff sets!"
Maybe if the lights were really dim and you didn't add the knightrider sound effects you might pull it off. But over do it and it might spoil the looks of your car. Oh, and I presume yours is Nighthawk Black. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Besides, I prefer Star Trek. Now, if you were to add a Star-Trek-door-opening-sound to the Civic whenever you open a door, you'd be all set. 8)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
There is clearly demand for it. :wink:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I take it that means you guys think it will look too chavvy?

It was a serious post as I have the black model and think the light would look good and could fit on the bumper under the existing light panel

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Best thing to do Nadz, would be to do it and take loads of pics :wink:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Oh no, not at all.

I'm guessing someone is going to do it anyway so it would be nice to see a "How to" on this forum. And loads of pics as well! :cool:

·
您看了
456 Posts
don't take offense... but I think its a stupid idea.

The only car I have ever seen that looked good with the "knight Rider light" was a Trans Am at a car show. And the only reason it looked good was because it was the correct car and had a full replica interior and looked exactly like Kit (even had a rear view camera as featured in a couple of epsiodes). The TransAm next to it was the same model and colour but with a standard interior and it looked very cheap and chavy with the light. Saw an Astra (black) with one fitted about 6months ago and to be honest I nearly crashed I was laughing so much.

but at the end of the day its your car and you do what you feel good about doing, just don't be surprised (or make sure you don't care) when people don't praise your modification :lol: . I guess if your considering putting stuff like that on your car that you already have a prtty thick skin? Good on ya if you go for it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also did see the suspension LED's I think they would look great, probably blue or red

·
您看了
456 Posts
trevorvogt said:
How about just some white LEDs to come on permently none of that flashin
Now there is a thing, would it be possible to light up the center section of the car very faintly to highlight the effect, but without becoming illegal*

Maybe a couple of well placed low power LED's hear an there?

*1light all the way across= BIG no no :?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
how about minature disco balls....

·
Registered
251 Posts
CivPilot said:
The only car I have ever seen that looked good with the "knight Rider light" was a Trans Am at a car show.
There's a guy in Turku, Finland who built his own Knight Rider car from a Trans Am:
http://www.furnation.com/donotsue/kit.html

Alas, it is illegal in Finland to have any red lights in the front or side of your car, so he can only show them off occasionally when not driving.

·
您看了
456 Posts
Skaven252 said:
CivPilot said:
The only car I have ever seen that looked good with the "knight Rider light" was a Trans Am at a car show.
There's a guy in Turku, Finland who built his own Knight Rider car from a Trans Am:
http://www.furnation.com/donotsue/kit.html

Alas, it is illegal in Finland to have any red lights in the front or side of your car, so he can only show them off occasionally when not driving.
Its illegal here too Skaven, if they are switched on your could get in a nice little world of trouble. but show use is another thing. Same law by the sound of it (guy down the road from me has a New york police car with all the light bars on the roof, and everything still works, including the pa system).

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
maybe someone could create a animated gif file with the front of the civic with a knight rider light on.

That would give us an idea what it would look like. Could be interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
stu_iow said:
maybe someone could create a animated gif file with the front of the civic with a knight rider light on.

That would give us an idea what it would look like. Could be interesting.
Im not sure thats a good idea! Everyone will comment saying it's naff then get on e-bay and order some ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts