2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done the performance driving course at knockhill?

Been thinking of doing my first trackday in the summer possibly and think just booking track time and going on with no experience bar a couple of hours in a little single seater thing a few years back wouldnt be the wisest idea.

·
aka Mugen Mo
638 Posts
Did one of these a few years back, thoroughly enjoyed it :)
Was my first time on track in my own car and instructor was excellent, showed you which line to take, correct gear for corners etc
I'd definitely recommend it before going on track on your own.

·
aka Mugen Mo
638 Posts
Double check with Knockhill whether you need track insurance for the Performance Driving first though....I thought you meant for an actual track day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tuition is definitely worth it, especially if you are a bit nervous about going out on track with other cars. Not only will they tell you how to drive but how to properly warm up the car as well as the all important cooling down.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Ive done a few track days at KH and its a pretty good track.

Had the tuition a few years ago in the Leon Cupra then out in the single seaters. Duffis is a great part of the track.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I'd say its definitely worth it, people spend thousands making their car go faster and never spend anything making the driver faster!

it would be good to do them on different tracks too!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive done a few track days at KH and its a pretty good track.

Had the tuition a few years ago in the Leon Cupra then out in the single seaters. Duffis is a great part of the track.
I done the single seaters also. Was great fun and a good day out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts