2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all,

I recently put my 95,000 miles 56 2.2ictdi in for an MOT, which it passed, which the recommendation of changing the front shocks due to oil misting.

I followed the advice, but after picking the car up from the garage I've noticed a slight knocking sound coming from the driver's side wheel arch area, sometimes over bumps, but I believe it is primarily from turning right, even on smooth roads.

Any idea what it's likely to be? Drop links, strut mount bearing?

I'm loathe to take it back without knowing what to replace in case they charge me to replace something that's working fine.

Many thanks for any help/advice.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,698 Posts
did the garage replace the drop links along with the shocks? if not then i'm guessing this maybe the issue you're describing,the drop links are a pain to get off and usually get damaged doing so..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they didn't, that'll probably be it then!
Is there an easy way of testing where they need replacement, like jacking up and feeling for play?

·
more torque than the mrs
6,698 Posts
No they didn't, that'll probably be it then!
Is there an easy way of testing where they need replacement, like jacking up and feeling for play?
also check the top strut mount nut is fully tightened have known these loose on some civics after having shocks fitted,
you can try jacking it up and check for play but it's hard to diagnose sometimes it could have the slighted play, i'd let the garage know you have a knocking and ask them to check it .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts