2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Civic knocking from passenger front and rear end when going over medim sized potholes.

Garage has had it in, fitted new anti roll bushes to passenger front and suspension to passenger rear but its still the same, anyone else plagued by knocks and rattles like this?

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts

This is what happened to TerryH when he went over a bump without his Fixadent. Lol

Sorry for going off topic, I couldn't resist. . I do agree with it possibly being the bumpstops.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
had the same problem, mine was droplinks !!

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
I would be tempted to suggest that you check the bumpstops, they can be the culprits of knocking when going over bumps and holes

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Sorry for going off topic, I couldn't resist. . I do agree with it possibly being the bumpstops.
that's so unlike you mate :)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

This is what happened to TerryH when he went over a bump without his Fixadent. Lol

Sorry I know I've never met you Terry but that just made me ROFL!

Now dez stop posting pics of yourself when you wasnt trying to be uncle fester.

Oh and I vote bump stops.

·
Registered
136 Posts
it is when the dealer dopr the sub frame and clean it up and re grease it - it stop the knocking for a couple of weeks then it comes back

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I thought they all did this.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought the car from Evans Halshaw, Durham, Renault dealer, Springfield, up the road are Honda. Evans Halshaw have replaced something at the rear, also done the anti roll bushes at the front. They say the car is mechanically sound but still it knocks over potholes, I do try to miss them whenever poss. Started to knock on drivers front too. They said its best for Honda to look so are going to organise it next week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts