2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just had my civic put through the MOT and the next day a knocking sound has arrived every time i drive over bumps or rough surface's on the road..
Any ideas what it could be

cheers Flukester

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Is it like a clicking or an actual knock? My subframe clicks constantly when changing direction or turning one direction to the other on the spot.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
To help you without hearing it we'll need a bit more info, mate. Can you describe it in more detail..

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Sound like anti-roll bar link. Did it start only after MOT? Any advisories or work carried out at MOT time?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
It could of loosened something up when they did the shake test (if they did)???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi cheers for the replies i had a new drop link fitted just before the Mot and the car was quiet for a day,i had the car back in the garage yesterday and the mechanic seems to think i need new anti roll bar bushins and possibly the roll bars themselves
He also checked the shocks to make sure nothing was impacting there as it is quite a hard sounding knock
I will get this work done next week and let you know what was wrong and hopefully have my quiet civic back

Cheers flukester

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
new anti roll bar bushins fitted and thankfully the knocking is gone,thanks again to all who replied to me

flukester

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Jolly good, glad you sorted it :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts