2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this has been on here somewhere before, but my car ( especially when cold) makes a knocking noise for a few seconds from the rear as i drive off

anyway had it at my dealer overnight (lancaster honda)
who said today when i got it back the problem was the springs not seted in the cups properly & it should be ok now.
i will be the judge of that in the morning

also i asked them to check the steering wheel as it wasnt at 12o'clock
they have done some work to that & the tracking & it does feel a lot tighter & more positive when steering

they gave me a honda j!zz to use yesterday, after they said i would a get a civic to use, i wanted to drive another one to see if it was the same as mine;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been getting a knocking sound from the rear too normaly when cold or the car has been sitting for a few hours. Car is due for a service shortly I will ask them to check the rear again...

At least now I have a better understanding as to what the noise is, thank you.

·
Nneeaawwwwwwww
443 Posts
Mines in tomorrow for something else and I'm going to get them to sort this porblem out as well. Like the above posts, mine only happens when its cold or when its been on the garage or on the drive overnight.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Mines in tomorrow for something else and I'm going to get them to sort this porblem out as well. Like the above posts, mine only happens when its cold or when its been on the garage or on the drive overnight.

Mine came back today and they couldnt get it to make the noise - typical :rolleyes: think I will print the relevant threads off regarding this and take it in to them.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
they can't read

I given my dealer lots of posts waste of time
I don't think they have taught monkeys to read

·
Registered
118 Posts

also i asked them to check the steering wheel as it wasnt at 12o'clock
they have done some work to that & the tracking & it does feel a lot tighter & more positive when steering
;)

does it go in a straight line now too?? we had to get a full geometry setup done as well as the steering wheel setup. The front Left wheel was WAY our of camber......

it's lovely now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it appears to, but i havn't really been on many straight roads yet

going on the motorway tonight M6. M60 etc so i will check it then (at speed):)

·
Nneeaawwwwwwww
443 Posts
Mines in today for fuel filler, rear shocks and the car pulls to the left (quite drastically when on a motorway) so will let you all know later if its better when I get it back.

As a courtesy car I have a lemon yellow 1.2 Jazz. :( :( :( :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Nneeaawwwwwwww
443 Posts
Mines in today for fuel filler, rear shocks and the car pulls to the left (quite drastically when on a motorway) so will let you all know later if its better when I get it back.

As a courtesy car I have a lemon yellow 1.2 Jazz. :( :( :( :oops: :oops: :oops:
Well, got it back and it pulls to the left even more - what on earth do they do with these cars when they have them! Also looks like they've driven it for 40 miles looking at the mileage!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts