2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This knocking noise is getting nosier! Happens when I pull away, or slowing down or when it reaches 1.5k in 1st?

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Hello looking in the problem pages

Did you find out what it was?
My type r has a metal sounding Click on pulling away Then clicks again when brakingThen again when I pull off again lol

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Hi, it sounds like the front subframe. There is info in the wiki. Basically remove the drivers side sub frame plate, loosen the main bolt, grease the lining, clean all areas and refit, tighten bolts. I had the same issues and did both sides

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

My type r has a metal sounding Click on pulling away Then clicks again when brakingThen again when I pull off again lol
Nope, didn't find out what the problem was, thought it was the clutch, had a new clutch and plates but problem still there.:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Nope, didn't find out what the problem was, thought it was the clutch, had a new clutch and plates but problem still there.:facepalm:
was the dmf replaced when the clutch was replaced,,, and does the clutch pedal vibrate with small pressure placed on it, also does this make any noises under the bonnet rubbing noises or rattle...

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Check the engine mounts.

I installed polybush motor mounts and after 2000kms the rear mount was slightly loose making a clicking noise when pulling away.

Might be worth a try. 17mm IIRC

·
Registered
613 Posts

I think that's the subframe clicking. Honda have a bulletin about it and it just requires greasing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts