2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

As you can see i live in glasgow and I have to put forward the roads here as worse than some seen on top gear specials!! Anyway I was the lucky man that drove along a flooded road and straight into the uncovered drain that had caused the flood, wrecking my new michelin [smilie=unhappy-ang:

Got the tyre replaced and the tracking and all the suspension checked but there is occasionally a very french sounding knocking from the front end. when i go over bumps and sometimes when the wheels are on full lock :S

Any ideas? Had the car into the garage twice now and starting to feel a bit [smilie=dunceblock.:

Matt

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds expensive :S oh and by the way fitted the lights today they look great. Will post some picks up soon as I can.

matt

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Go to a car park and turn full lock at about 10mpg if you hear a knock its the CV joint, if it knocks whilst driving straight could be anything my first guess is bump stop. to check the bump stop jack the car up and look at top of suspenion to see the condition of it.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
That sounds expensive :S oh and by the way fitted the lights today they look great. Will post some picks up soon as I can.

matt
CV joint is about £500

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts

matt
enjoy the lights mate glad you like them,leave my feedback when you get chance,thanks

·
I vtec'ed your mum!
1,333 Posts
Possible Linkage problem, (Antilrollbar Link) £16 for the 2 links.... no where near £50, unless you go to the stealers of course!

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Go to a car park and turn full lock at about 10mpg if you hear a knock its the CV joint
Getting your gallons and hours mixed up there ash. :D
Thats the perfect way to test it though.

The state of our roads is an absolute disgrace, and that includes motorways!! :mad:
When driving along the main motorway link from Edinburgh to Glasgow last weekend(the sites automatic filter wont let me say **, probably thinks its text speak for mate.;)), i could not believe what an incredibly poor state it was in. I found myself concentrating on the road surface immediately in front of my car, when i should have been looking further ahead.
I literally could not drive in a straight line within my lane, and changing lanes was even worse due to the craters between them. :facepalm:
If your car gets damaged by a pothole on a motorway, then good luck getting the photo required to make a claim. :rolleyes: :worms:

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Have a look on eBay
HONDA CIVIC 2006-2010 FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR LINK RODS x2 on eBay (end time 18-Mar-11 23:13:12 GMT)

;)
Thank you, I have purchased.
Luckily my neighbour is a polish dude who worked for Honda for 7 years and will fit the replacement for free...

A good day to be had by all :cool:

Do the links break more often with lowered suspension?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input guys. I have no idea what it is, but will try your suggestions as I've had the car to honda twice and to a mates garage and nobody is finding any fault but i've been driving around without music for ages and it's there alright. Thought the other day it had gone but today I heard the reassuring sound of metallic thumping!
Don't get me started on that main road between edinburgh and glasgow :worms: my lovely michelins were only four days old!!! :facepalm:
Will try your ideas though and look at getting those bought if that's what it turns out to be although my brief affair with honda may just have to come to an end as I've had suspension problems from day 1. Theres just no other car like the civic. I think all other cars look bland now :/ , may just have to move on this particular civic ;)

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Suspension knocking/pinging

i have a 2006 honda civic ex-gt 5dr

had the car 4 months, car has been back to the dealer too many times to count! and they still can't find the problem, ive expressed my disgust with them selling me a car that was meant to be honda approved or "like new" as they said!

just wondering if anyone else has heard this noise at the front of the car..
had the bolts replaced as the said it can stick, also had the trim re-attatched as they said this might be the problem.

some one help :(

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Have you done a search for" Bump Stops" - these may be the cause of your problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
They replaced the whole front suspension, bumpstops, roll bar and trim and still have the noise.... just wondering what on earth this noise could be :S
but honda say that they cant find where the noise is coming from.... yet they also can hear it :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts