2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folkes,

Rather loud knocking is pretty constant now when i drive, cant decided if its coming from right, middle, left or all.

Think it could be anti roll bar bushes?

Is there a good way for me to test the bushes on my drive as im pretty confident i can change anti roll bar bushes having done them before on a ford.

I think there about £15 a pair, but the lower arm bushes look a lot more expensive at £100 each from what ebay tells me, so want to make sure i get the right ones that are causing the knocking.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update,

Changed the drivers side drop link today. The bottom joint just wobbles freely, 0 resistance. The top joint still had resistance but not as much as the new ones.

Went for a drive and couldn't hear any knocking. Went over quick a few speed bumps and all knock free.

Should I change the other side as well or just leave it now knocking has gone?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of just leaving it, if it ain't broke don't fix it and all that. Just most guides say they should be changed in pairs.

I'll give it a good long drive tomorrow and if I still can't hear anything I'll keep the other drop link as spare!

M.O.T in 3 weeks so just changing as much as I can before hand.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been for a few long drives now and cars totally silent. Can't believe that 1 drop link was making all that noise!

I'd advise anyone with knocking noises, grab some drop links off eBay for £15 and fit them yourself, very easy stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts