2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Do you stock/can you get hold of Koni SRT.T shocks for the rear of a 2.2 8th gen? As mine need replacing.

I've read around online and the Konis seem the best going by peoples reviews, but I've also looked at Sachs, KYB, and Monroe. Is it ok to replace just the rear shocks with a different brand to the OEM ones? And do you know which of those four shocks are likely to give the most comfortable (softer) ride? I went up to 18's recently and the ride is pretty harsh now! I'm open to suggestions if you have any other brands that you would suggest. Just looking for good performance, a ride improvement if possible, and not crazy expensive.

Thanks,
Oli

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi,

Do you stock/can you get hold of Koni SRT.T shocks for the rear of a 2.2 8th gen? As mine need replacing.

I've read around online and the Konis seem the best going by peoples reviews, but I've also looked at Sachs, KYB, and Monroe. Is it ok to replace just the rear shocks with a different brand to the OEM ones? And do you know which of those four shocks are likely to give the most comfortable (softer) ride? I went up to 18's recently and the ride is pretty harsh now! I'm open to suggestions if you have any other brands that you would suggest. Just looking for good performance, a ride improvement if possible, and not crazy expensive.

Thanks,
Oli
Hi Oli,

I can get hold of the Koni shocks, no problem.

It's your decision at the end of the day what shocks you go for. I'd recommend keeping all four the same brand though, so if replacing all four with Koni units, or any of the other brands you've mentioned isn't an option, keep to OE.

Eibach springs are progressive and give a nicer ride over standard ones, so a prokit with new OE dampers would see an improvement in ride quality over what you have now.

Hope this helps,

Rich

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Oli,

I can get hold of the Koni shocks, no problem.

It's your decision at the end of the day what shocks you go for. I'd recommend keeping all four the same brand though, so if replacing all four with Koni units, or any of the other brands you've mentioned isn't an option, keep to OE.

Eibach springs are progressive and give a nicer ride over standard ones, so a prokit with new OE dampers would see an improvement in ride quality over what you have now.

Hope this helps,

Rich
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the information. I don't know if I want to spend a lot of money on the front suspension as I may end up with a company car in the next 6 months. Perhaps I'll stick with the OE stuff then.

How much is a set of Eibach springs from you guys?

Thanks,
Oli

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the information. I don't know if I want to spend a lot of money on the front suspension as I may end up with a company car in the next 6 months. Perhaps I'll stick with the OE stuff then.

How much is a set of Eibach springs from you guys?

Thanks,
Oli
The Eibach Prokit which lowers the 2.2 by around 25mm I keep in stock at £174.00 inc VAT.

We can fit it, and reset the front toe for £220.00 or I can post out for just £10.00 and they would be with you next working day. We couold cacrry out a full fast road setup if you wanted them fitted for not much more.

Hope this helps,

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts