2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've recently had 15mm spacers added to a 2.2 EX along with Eibach springs and full FRS back in March, fitted by yourselves. However, I appear to be getting tyre rub on the wheel arches when cornering hard on country roads.

Although the car has 67k on it and the shocks appear to be ok as far as I can tell, I'm wondering whether they could be on their way out - I'm aware the oem ones don't last long on the Civic!

Is this a possible cause for the above and if so can you quote me for the above shocks - not sure which way to go yet, but given mt driving style probably the Yellows. Are these a good match with the Eibachs?

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot, can you also provide a price for fitting a Martelius exhaust to a 2.2 Civic. Can you provide the exhaust or do I need to order separately?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Almost forgot, can you also provide a price for fitting a Martelius exhaust to a 2.2 Civic. Can you provide the exhaust or do I need to order separately?
We don't supply the Martelius system but we're more than happy to fit a system if you supply it. Cost will be £55 inc vat (which is the same price as fitting the better quality and Stainless Steel Milltek system which we have in stock @ only £499 inc vat)

Cheers, Chris

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
Good price, but the Miltek is VERY quiet on the 2.2

The Martelius (other than custom) SEEMS to be one of very few that make a positive audible difference

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi,

I've recently had 15mm spacers added to a 2.2 EX along with Eibach springs and full FRS back in March, fitted by yourselves. However, I appear to be getting tyre rub on the wheel arches when cornering hard on country roads.

Although the car has 67k on it and the shocks appear to be ok as far as I can tell, I'm wondering whether they could be on their way out - I'm aware the oem ones don't last long on the Civic!

Is this a possible cause for the above and if so can you quote me for the above shocks - not sure which way to go yet, but given mt driving style probably the Yellows. Are these a good match with the Eibachs?

Steve
Most people tend to go with the FSD to be honest and if it was my car I would too as they are superb dampers. The Yellows are very good but they are a conventional damper as opposed to the FSD technology getting firmer when under load....

FSD Shocker kit (4) £549 inc vat
KONI Yellow sport FRONT £294 pair inc vat
KONI Yellow sport REAR £272 pair inc vat

So not a great deal in it overall..... decisions, decisions....

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With regard to the shocks, I spoke to Rich and Chris regarding these recently and I was advised to go the whole hog and try the Bilstein B14 coilovers at £945 fitted (I think!) or B8 shocks rather than the Koni.

I have confirmed that the front tyres are rubbing the bolt holding on the arch protectors directly above the tyres and therefore require any replacement shocks to hopefully prevent or reduce this!

With regard to the exhaust, still a bit undecided on this. Whilst I'm not overly bothered about making lots of noise, it would be preferable to have some! However, as I'm not in need of a new exhaust there seems little point in splashing out £555 for a replacement exhaust if the sound is no different from standard unless it gives a reasonable power increase - have to think about this one!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot.....

I assume the Koni prices above doesn't cover fitting.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts