2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought that was a rotrex, then i scrolled down to second pic :) thats not fitted to a fn2 though is it?
It is a Rotrex charger, just a different setup to how TTS have done there kit. Thats a Civic SI from the USA. I'm not 100% sure the kit will fit but the CT and JR are both for the US Civic and people fit them no problem

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you really dont like to go the easy way do you :D
Only thing that puts me off regarding Rotrex is you've got a little pot of oil you've got to check and top up, I know it's terrible but I couldn't be assed doing that! Never check my engine oil!

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Interesting, that looks like the bottom mount Rotrex kit with one major addition. A bypass valve, IMO the single biggest benefit of the popular Eaton based conversions over Rotrex' other offerings.

From the look of things it has its own self contained oil supply also which as you said is a big plus. It looks like the charger is before the TB

Ask Vit if he has tuned any Si with this fitted, then hopefully he might be able to give you an idea what the power band is like throughout the rev range.

The only negatives I think

• If you cant find another K20 based car with it fitted you be the guinea pig on your own and will be open to all the teething problems.
  • Look where the intake cone is
  • Its bloody ugly lol
Would also be interesting to see how that intercooler fits, like the TTS kits? And what brand injectors they are

EDIT: only just noticed it was only launched in the US on 18th June 2012 so I doubt Vit has tuned one.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
That is a pretty fugly engine bay, even if it would make Clarkson powwwwer happy lol

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
comes complete with a CPL Look alike lol...

Does look pretty good though as it allows you to use an inlet manifold of your choice...

RRC RBC RSP so could be interesting to see the torque curve with these options!

How much is it?

Ive herd about rotrex spitting its oil lines out and then seizing?! Surely you must be working it pretty hard for that to happen?

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
Kind of pointless getting this when you can buy the Rotrex and mount it on the underside, keep the RRC meaning you've got the best inlet manifold which really is the only downside of the TTS kit, hides the charger away under the inlet manifold too

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Kind of pointless getting this when you can buy the Rotrex and mount it on the underside, keep the RRC meaning you've got the best inlet manifold which really is the only downside of the TTS kit, hides the charger away under the inlet manifold too
Doesn't that kit remove the aircon? plus no bypass valve

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
With the Kraftwerks you can retain the AC, TTS I think you loose it when you mount it underneath
Ah ok, makes sense as the blower is being driven by that pulley, whereas the Rotrex bottom mount one is the other side.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Only thing that puts me off regarding Rotrex is you've got a little pot of oil you've got to check and top up, I know it's terrible but I couldn't be assed doing that! Never check my engine oil!
Check the oil once in a while & I have never topped it up yet ? Once it's settled & ran don't have to bother with it ? I check mine once every few weeks it never changes :) only if you get a leak you will have to top it up ;) only bother I have had is the seal around the blue cap on oil tank replaced it never had another problem since :)

THE BEAST FROM THE NORTH EAST :D

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
good kit
better than the kit of tts
+
throttle placed after the charger for a better throttle response
_ there is no larger fuel pump in the kit
(I think) there is no possibility to instal a c38

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Looks like it was designed by a plumber :( Probably a really good kit, but if something goes wrong do you know anyone in the uk who knows how to work with these? I'd stick to something proven mate

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Looks like it was designed by a plumber :( Probably a really good kit, but if something goes wrong do you know anyone in the uk who knows how to work with these? I'd stick to something proven mate
Plumbers are highly skilled individuals ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts