2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to keep this thread updated with the story and mods to my Type S GT I bought about 2 months ago. I selected this specific model for a blend of good mileage with enough power still, after my beloved and modded Celica got written off.

Here's the Civic as standard per the advert pics.

I bought the stop light decal from Gers, and Type S interior logo. I also got him to make custom stickers to go over the blank buttons and cig lighter in the interior. I'm chuffed with the visual improvement it makes and couldn't recommend Gerry enough to anyone wanting stickers, decals etc.

I've also laid Spi-Vision wrap from Mint my Lights (they have presence on this site and eBay, I also recommend them). I'm still toying with where it's laid so will just list this pic for now.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Very nice car! Any further plans with it?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Nice looking car! I noticed you have the honda logos either side of the cigarette lighter... where did you get those?? I always thought they looked out of place and a bit odd as they are (not sure if something goes there in a different model. i have type S GT), and there are also some scratches that look a bit scruffy. Something like this would tidy it up nicely!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice looking car! I noticed you have the honda logos either side of the cigarette lighter... where did you get those?? I always thought they looked out of place and a bit odd as they are (not sure if something goes there in a different model. i have type S GT), and there are also some scratches that look a bit scruffy. Something like this would tidy it up nicely!!
Stickers from Gers! It's explained fully above that section of images.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No worries.

Today I de-badged the rear and laid spi vision on the perspex window, more as a trial for the look. I cut out the spi vision wrap on the rear light cluster for the 2 silver lights and logo.

I liked the result so attempted the same on the front. Unfortunately the mirror effect around that logo makes it look slightly odd. Although I'm still caught on whether to bother relaying it again (would have to buy some more spi vision). Thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers fella's. I've been messing around with this spi-vision stuff so much. I think I need to re-do the front and go over the Honda logo. I might try laying it on the interior of the perspex rear, and rear windows.

Also got the fog covers on there from user wanner69.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kris, cheers for posting these up, helps me as I've the same colour Type S and want to 'have a play'.
I was thinking of doing the grill area with the film and leave the headlights as is. Just undecided if I cut it so the honda badge is clearly seen (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kris, cheers for posting these up, helps me as I've the same colour Type S and want to 'have a play'.
I was thinking of doing the grill area with the film and leave the headlights as is. Just undecided if I cut it so the honda badge is clearly seen (if that makes sense).
No worries dude. I’ve certainly played with the film, and am contemplating laying it on the upper rear and rear windows. I’m leaning towards covering the front cluster entirely again. Just doing the lights looked slightly odd imo, and where I’ve cut for the logo it does a little due to the mirrored surrounding. Hope that helps. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts