2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just leting you know what a great customer support this company offers

40.000 km MAX , no track use , no marks from hitting on something , car/wheel never bumped into something , no crash
kw refuses to even send a replacement strut or parts, or even care to have it sent back for some stress test or analysis or i dont know what

this is the reply i got after describing the incident and sending the pics

Hello Ioannis,

I have checked the pics. In this case you have to buy new dampers, because we can´t repair them.

For placing an order please get in contact with our importer in Greece.
His contact data are:

Troxos S.A.
109, Jannitson str.
12131 Peristeri - Athens

Phone: +30 (210) 5907-406
E-Mail: [email protected]

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Sabine Singaitis
(Vertrieb Export)

KW automotive GmbH
Aspachweg 14
74427 Fichtenberg
Tel.: +49 (7971) 9630 - 213
Fax: +49 (7971) 9630 - 77213
E-Mail: [email protected]
Internet: http://www.KWautomotive.de
Geschäftsführer: Klaus Wohlfarth, Jürgen Wohlfarth
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 571255

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Hi there,

Are you sure this is the right part for our car? (FN2)

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
The place you purchased this from is probably a good place to start as mentioned above. How long have these been on you car?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi there,

Are you sure this is the right part for our car? (FN2)
sorry i didnt make it clear ,Read my sig , it's the kw from my old ep3 , u think I d show an ep3 part here , and pretend its from an fn2 ? Its a Honda , and basically my frustration is not from not repairing or refunding me , but not even bothering examining the damaged part , if that happened while driving with 120 kmh , someone would get killed

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
How long have these been on you car?
its a 3 year old suspension , with no more than 40.000kms of PURELY STREET use
of course i d expect this from a kSHORT(ON QUALITY) , D 2(YEARS BEFORE U HAVE TO THROW IT AWAY) , ABCD XYZ(CHINATOWN) , OR BOR CHUAN (NO COMMENT) , but not on a 1500euro kw v2

i am glad i ve decided to stay on the stock fn2 suspension in this car after all...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sucks - I guess you could fix it though?
now can u trust the rest ??
what if the right side fails at 160km/h?
what then... we wont die for a set of coilovers , let them rot..

especially when the company doesnt even care examining the part , and letting me know.. what they think..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its very odd how it has broken there because you would expect the weld to fail first.

KW are very helpful and im sure they would have replaced it if it was in their warranty cover.
if it had hit something or been in an accident i wouldnt bother contacting them..
also if u look at an ep3 and the way the eye fixation sits , its almost impossible to HIT it without damaging the rear control arm , it almost COVERS the whole eye fixation part...

i also wasnt aware that when the warranty is over , i have to total my car... its new to me..
i ve had many coilovers in my cars , and CHEAP ones that kept blowing struts (ksport) , but that wouldnt hurt or risk the safety of the vehicle in such way
i also had a tein unit once , that was so rusty you almost thought it would collapse..
never did

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
its a 3 year old suspension , with no more than 40.000kms of PURELY STREET use
of course i d expect this from a kSHORT(ON QUALITY) , D 2(YEARS BEFORE U HAVE TO THROW IT AWAY) , ABCD XYZ(CHINATOWN) , OR BOR CHUAN (NO COMMENT) , but not on a 1500euro kw v2

i am glad i ve decided to stay on the stock fn2 suspension in this car after all...
3 years is a long time for suspension components though the way this has failed is concerning.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
KW are good with aftersales , first port of call will be your local dealer who will ask you to fill out a form so they can best grasp what has happened - Then they will be the ones who will arrange looking at it to test it etc rather than the guys in Germany (who will then deal with your local man)- I think they give 2 years warranty but will still assist even after that time scale where possible.
And each of their coilies has a serial number on it so they can tell how old it is and where its from etc which helps sometimes determining a fault :)

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
I have contacted KW Automotive UK regarding this for you and sent them a link to this thread so they can see how unhappy you are.

They will pass it on to the correct people @ KW and im sure they will try to resolve this for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I have contacted KW Automotive UK regarding this for you and sent them a link to this thread so they can see how unhappy you are.

They will pass it on to the correct people @ KW and im sure they will try to resolve this for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Wow. And for this reason ABP are on my list of highly respected/trusted garages.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Some man Dave, as usual always willing to help if they can ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.