2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed the other day just above my foglight, passengers side there is some lacquer peel...when i say some its its approx A5 size so its noticeable...what could be the cause???

also i have not long had a service, done at 53k and oil change an filter was done etc by honda glasgow but just last night the 'check engine oil pressure' flagged up on the dash...anyone else come across this and how often do you top up your oil?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
got any pictures of the peeling lacquer?

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
not even 5thousand...how often is the oil to be changed? being this is my most powerful car apart from the fiesta ST
Right so I'm guessing you like a bit of Vtec like the rest of us.

The K20Z3 engine does use up oil from both the crank case breather and the Cam cover breather. Some engines more than others. The oil vapour is recirculated into the air intake and intake manifold, and burnt off in the combustion process, and over time the oil levels will drop as a result.

This is obviously more noticable for those of us who are heavy right footers, as more oil vapour is kicked up and circulated..

You should check your levels regular if you are gunning it often.

I keep a Litre of Castrol Edge 5w30 in the boot on the right, clipped in with the clippy strap thing ;)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts

The K20Z3 engine does use up oil from both the crank case breather and the Cam cover breather. Some engines more than others. The oil vapour is recirculated into the air intake and intake manifold, and burnt off in the combustion process, and over time the oil levels will drop as a result.

This is obviously more noticable for those of us who are heavy right footers, as more oil vapour is kicked up and circulated..

I keep a Litre of Castrol Edge 5w30 in the boot on the right, clipped in with the clippy strap thing ;)
+1

I've had to top up about 3/4 of a litre since my last service which was 6k miles ago.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

i wouldnt say i do it more than the next ;) what engine oil would you recommed? and how often do you top it up?

+1

I've had to top up about 3/4 of a litre since my last service which was 6k miles ago.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

i dont know if i have a leak or if its normal

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
i wouldnt say i do it more than the next ;) what engine oil would you recommed? and how often do you top it up?
I only use Castrol Edge 5w30 and I top up when needed, I check fluids once a month when I have a propper check round my car.

I do a lot of miles, so I do monthly inspections around her.

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
noticed the other day just above my foglight, passengers side there is some lacquer peel...when i say some its its approx A5 size so its noticeable...what could be the cause???

also i have not long had a service, done at 53k and oil change an filter was done etc by honda glasgow but just last night the 'check engine oil pressure' flagged up on the dash...anyone else come across this and how often do you top up your oil?
you should check your oil every week really ,and should never get to the point where the oil light has come on especially with a high reving engine in the ctr .:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts