2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I've got a 60 plate Type S GT in Milano red. When I bought it, Lookers Honda resprayed the bonnet as it was loaded with stone chips. Two years on, the colour is fading and not quite matching the rest of the car. The biggest problem though is that it had developed large patches on the bonnet where the lacquer has peeled off, exposing the red base coat underneath. Not impressed!

I went to a paint repair guy who said it might actually be cheaper and less work to replace the whole bonnet itself!! Has anyone else had this problem or been faced with this as a solution to any part of their Civic? I know Honda paint isn't known for its durability but the extent of the problem is pretty ridiculous...

Cheers
Paul

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Red paint is notorious for poor matching but I'm surprised on a car that age and i presume it was painted by a honda dealer or a third party paint shop they use. But even after two years that shouldn't be happening so could you take it back for inspection. I think, as I'm relatively new to the site that there is a member in the paint trade that could tell you more.
I had a red mk 3 cavalier that in day light was immaculate but under yellow street light only three panels matched.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I think given its been so long since I bought it I probably wouldn't be able to argue anything with the dealership. But yeah, red paint looks good, but I won't be going down that road again!
I did have problems a few days after purchase though as they had sold it to me as an approved honda but with 99% brake wear (which they didn't tell me about) and a few other things I had to have sorted...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts