2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

First post - sorry it's lots of questions!

I have just got myself a brand new 2.2 iCDTi Sport and after having it for only 4 days I got forced into a kirb by a pushy lorry - and now have a horrible deep scratch on the edge of my shiny new alloy :(

I guess my options are to have it repaired or replace it but:

1. How good are repairs?
2. Is it possible to buy individual wheels? (and any idea how much?).

Oh and also does anyone know what the 17" 7 spoke alloy fitted with the sport are called?

Many thanks

Nat

·
Administrator
19,173 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :)

Sorry to hear about the damage :(

Maybe a good idea to take a photo and let people have a look at the damage which could give you a better idea of what to do.

But maybe they can be repaired by a good refurbisher.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aw thanks for all of the quick and useful repairs, I shall take a picture tomorrow when it is light.

If a repair is possible to a high standard that would be great. Don't want it to look botched though.

Thanks

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Welcome to the forums, sorry to hear about your scrape but post some pics and people will give good guidance on the best thing to do. Welcome! :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Take it to your local tyre garage and get them to check its not buckled, they may also know someone local who does refurbs.

·
Civinfo Space Monkey
544 Posts
Hi Guys

First post - sorry it's lots of questions!

I have just got myself a brand new 2.2 iCDTi Sport and after having it for only 4 days I got forced into a kirb by a pushy lorry - and now have a horrible deep scratch on the edge of my shiny new alloy :(

I guess my options are to have it repaired or replace it but:

1. How good are repairs?
2. Is it possible to buy individual wheels? (and any idea how much?).

Oh and also does anyone know what the 17" 7 spoke alloy fitted with the sport are called?

Many thanks

Nat
As far as I know the wheels are called "17'in OEM SPORTS", thats what they are called on ebay & dealer should know if you go through them for a new one!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome to the madness

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I once slid on ice and gouged the rim very severely on the kerb in my big Lexus.

I used the Lexus recommended paint shop and they filled the gouge with aluminium, smoothed and sprayed after first checking the wheel symmetry.

Totally undetectable result.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know with it being a new car you would like the scratch rectifying, but one alternative to consider is, if the wheel isn't buckled and is safe to use, and you can live with the scratch for a while, is to wait till the alloy starts getting corrosion on it, and Honda will replace for free.

It has been well documented on the forum about the alloy wheels suffering from corrosion. My Accord had all 4 replaced with 87k miles and about a month of warranty left. The Civic has only done 33k and is 20months old, and already the alloys have really bad corrosion on them (worse than the Accord).

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
I know with it being a new car you would like the scratch rectifying, but one alternative to consider is, if the wheel isn't buckled and is safe to use, and you can live with the scratch for a while, is to wait till the alloy starts getting corrosion on it, and Honda will replace for free.

It has been well documented on the forum about the alloy wheels suffering from corrosion. My Accord had all 4 replaced with 87k miles and about a month of warranty left. The Civic has only done 33k and is 20months old, and already the alloys have really bad corrosion on them (worse than the Accord).
Get them replaced UW, I did.... :)

Tom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
....dealer should know if you go through them for a new one!
Yeah I know but I'm sort of too embarassed to go to the dealer so soon - even though it wasn't my fault.

I once slid on ice and gouged the rim very severely on the kerb in my big Lexus.

I used the Lexus recommended paint shop and they filled the gouge with aluminium, smoothed and sprayed after first checking the wheel symmetry.

Totally undetectable result.
Thats good to know - thanks

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
You could always try to find one on ebay, then all you'd need to do is take it to a tyre fitters like Kwik Fit and bung them £20 to swap the rubber over.

Saves you being without the car, plus the old rim will be of use to someone either on here or via ebay.

£50 a wheel with rubber:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SET-OF-4-GENUINE-HONDA-NEW-SHAPE-CIVIC-17-ALLOY-WHEELS_W0QQitemZ330317935562QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item330317935562&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

1 - 16 of 16 Posts