2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Denso part number in that link states 211200-2520.
However part number on the primary O2 sensor I unplugged from my car last weekend is 211200-2670.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352759648.790744.jpg

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Mine was duff, got the hesitation and Vit spotted a static reading under WOT which is a tale tale sign apparently. Got replacement from Tegiwa, still got old one for some reason.
Weird yours says made in Spain, sure mine said Japan.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I was expecting Japan to be written on there myself.

I had a bit of a dip in idle other day and it prompted me to take a look at the sensor and give it a clean, so tried the old white vinegar trick Ash posted a link to some time ago.

Before and after

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352763355.383480.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352763370.130449.jpg

forgot to do a 'before' data log but the 'after' showed it was still working thankfully :)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah cool, I should try cleaning my old one, might be handy in a tight spot.
Cleaning won't guarantee it'll work as it may be completely burnt out, worth a try to see if it can be revived though ;)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Yeah I was expecting Japan to be written on there myself.

I had a bit of a dip in idle other day and it prompted me to take a look at the sensor and give it a clean, so tried the old white vinegar trick Ash posted a link to some time ago.

Before and after

View attachment 81256 View attachment 81257

forgot to do a 'before' data log but the 'after' showed it was still working thankfully :)
When you say a dip in idle do you mean the engine speed dropped? Was this from cold?

If from cold then the cal should be in fuel status 1 (open loop) due the sensor being cold. So the sensor wont be causing it

Ive noticed my hybrid cal hunts around on cold idle a bit compared to my race cal. Both cals have the same settings.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
When you say a dip in idle do you mean the engine speed dropped? Was this from cold?

If from cold then the cal should be in fuel status 1 (open loop) due the sensor being cold. So the sensor wont be causing it

Ive noticed my hybrid cal hunts around on cold idle a bit compared to my race cal. Both cals have the same settings.
The dip actually happened when warm just once randomly (roughly 950rpm down to 750rpm for a split second) one day then a few days later noticed the same happen while pulled up to lights. Being conscious of needing a healthy lambda I thought I'd take a look last wknd.

My datalog after cleaning showed the A/F ratio move from approx 14.5 to 10-11 when accelerating (no delay) so looks to be working. But decelerating foot off the gas it read 29:1 ... I've assumed that's normal for now but I'm no expert tbh.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Good info/links guys. Cheers :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
So Laney cruising at 14.5 ( 14.7 is perfect) them to 11 on Wot (perfect for FI) if I read it right.

Closed throttle that reading is OK too btw

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
The dip actually happened when warm just once randomly (roughly 950rpm down to 750rpm for a split second) one day then a few days later noticed the same happen while pulled up to lights. Being conscious of needing a healthy lambda I thought I'd take a look last wknd.

My datalog after cleaning showed the A/F ratio move from approx 14.5 to 10-11 when accelerating (no delay) so looks to be working. But decelerating foot off the gas it read 29:1 ... I've assumed that's normal for now but I'm no expert tbh.
Thats all normal. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Laney

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers guys nice to have confirmation :) thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts