2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 553 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So I have been lurking around on civinfo for some time now, so some of you may recognise my name. Lurk more than I comment but hey-ho!

Have had a type S until friday when I bought a type R. Always craved more than the type S could give so next logical choice was the R. Anyway I looked at 3 different cars before settling on this one; its absolutely immaculate for an 07 and has 54k on the clock. The other 3 I looked at were absolute dogs in comparison to this one.

Starting a thread as the mod bug has already begun...

Car looks really jacked up in this photo.. I can assure you it is infact on standard FN2 springs and its just how im parked :D

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So for the time being modifications are going to be mainly cosmetic - I am being sensible and getting used to the power first! Also the car seems to have an aftermarket exhaust on it from standard - has a lovely burble at tickover and a nice deep roar when moving! so as soon as I get chance to get the car on the ramp at work I will know what it is; if im not happy with it I will be swapping to a milltek.

first things I'm planning are;

Team Heko's - Fitted
Aurora bulbs 600k HID kit - Fitted
Pressed metal plates - Ordered
Ricks footwell lighting kit - Ordered
Front and rear GP bumpers
Mugen spoiler (any advice on where to order? replica is fine)
New alloys - mine look nice but up close they are paggered.
Double din stereo upgrade
Reversing camera
Mugen front grille
TDI north FRSU
Fedoro brake pads all around

Future upgrades;
Retrofit angel eye headlights
HKS RSK
Throttle body
Decat 4-2-1
RRC intake
Hondata flashpro
Lowering springs (probably eibach progressive, if not done with FRSU)
TDI north stage 1 drop in cams (eventually)
And of course a remap!

Car is in need of a good detail first as it is covered in swirl marks, can't do it yet as I didn't realise my mum had put my kit in the celler when I moved out and it has gone all mouldy and covered in plaster dust from the walls :(.

Cheers for looking guys!

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Very nice, stepping up the anti with the 'R' eh - I don't blame you.

Looks like a very straight looking car, well found :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huuuuuugeeeee pics!
Sorry! My phone shoots at 4k pictures as standard so at least they are nice quality:p

Had to take her to somewhere nice to take photo's too, of course...

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice, stepping up the anti with the 'R' eh - I don't blame you.

Looks like a very straight looking car, well found :thumbsup:
Thankyou Farqui - I am very much in love with it already!

Reactions: Farqui

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Sorry! My phone shoots at 4k pictures as standard so at least they are nice quality:p

Had to take her to somewhere nice to take photo's too, of course...
yes, but you can reduce them in size/file size so that they work better on the net mate... I am sure I could hear my wifi groaning opening up the page ;)

Nice car by the way :cool:

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, but you can reduce them in size/file size so that they work better on the net mate... I am sure I could hear my wifi groaning opening up the page ;)

Nice car by the way :cool:
Alright alright sorry guys :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Printed metal plates fitted, only a small touch but think they look much better over the original!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Rick's footwell lighting kit had just shown up, and is now fitted! Pictures in sunshine don't do it any favours... looking forward to seeing them in the dark tonight!

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Smart plates, retro.

The footwell lights are a popular mod, it's a shame we have brighter evenings as you'll have to wait longer for a pukka demo! :p

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Smart plates, retro.

The footwell lights are a popular mod, it's a shame we have brighter evenings as you'll have to wait longer for a pukka demo! :p
Can't win in the UK complain either way haha! They are very popular and look brilliant. Kudos to rick they are a good little kit.

Mugen carbon fibre front grill with a new sparkly red H has been ordered too! Can't wait for it to show up :D

Reactions: RickHondaR

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Kit in near dark... looks amazing! Very impressed with these

·
Enjoying life
8,732 Posts
Look good mate, I haven't fitted mine yet is it easy?

You ought to get some sill decals too off coolice on here, really chuffed with mine.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
did you fit the kit that can be dimmed? I find that I leave mine on 25% all the time :D
Just got the standard kit mate, not too fussed about adjusting it and I've just been out in the dark and it's not too bright for me.
Look good mate, I haven't fitted mine yet is it easy?

You ought to get some sill decals too off coolice on here, really chuffed with mine.
It is really easy to do, took me 15 minutes tops, get it done it's sweet!

I will have a look at the decals cheers :)

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So as I originally mentioned it seemed like the car had some sort of exhaust on it but we weren't short what... basically I got the car on the ramp on Friday and it's some sort of frankenbackbox! Has had the two tail pipes chopped off, then two big pieces of what look like tubular stainless welded onto it to the exhaust triangle, other than looking on the outside I'm not sure what has been done to it.

It sounds far from bad but looking underneath I'm still going to go for a milltek as originally planned. Due to having a very friendly MOT tester I'm hoping to get a 4-2-1 decat manifold too :D

1 - 20 of 553 Posts