2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Has anyone seen anything like this before. This the rear bumper of my civic just above the grey plastic rear splitter/lower bumper but below the boot lid just left of center. The laquer / clear coat is peeling and it seems to be getting bigger every time I wash my car which is once or twice a month. I think this a warranty claim but I would like your opinions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I have seen this my wifes Fiat bravo is peeling badly on the bumpers, but it is 11 years old.
I would take it back to the dealers pronto.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
As said above, take it straight to the dealers, they will also be able to tell you if it's been repaired/resprayed as well

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Check your spoiler as well. Mine (3 year old 2.2cdti )has laquer peeling on the spoiler, see more every wash, the dealer is looking into it, i wonder if this is going to become an issue in the future ?:eek:

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Hi everyone. Has anyone seen anything like this before. This the rear bumper of my civic just above the grey plastic rear splitter/lower bumper but below the boot lid just left of center. The laquer / clear coat is peeling and it seems to be getting bigger every time I wash my car which is once or twice a month. I think this a warranty claim but I would like your opinions.
I would say that someone has repaired this at some time, never known manufacture paint to peel on a new car
Hiya,

I had this happen on my CTR - front at 6 months old and the rear tailgate at just over a year old. Honda dealer tried to blame it on stone chips on the rear :confused: so I wish you luck in your quest to have this sorted

·
Registered
234 Posts
hi,
noticed that lacquer is comming of under taiilights :/

Wondering is it possible to stop somehow? Or just sit and look how everything comes off?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts