2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so I've had my 2.2 EX for little over two years now and finally started modifying it. I've caught the civinfo bug! Here's how she looked when I first bought her.

The plastic was terribly faded as usual, so first thing was first.

Bumped into a friend!

Then the front end had a slight knock thanks to an old lady, so a new bumper, two new headlights, grille and bonnet respray was on the cards.

Since then I have done quite a bit to the car.

Modifications
Type R Grill
Type R Clear rear indicators with silvertec chrome bulbs
Extended front splitter
Aqib's upgraded sidelights, headlights, number plate, interior and reverse lights
Yellow laminx fog lights
Light smoked headlights & fog lights
12" Edge Subwoofer
JDM style square number plates
Plasticare'd trim
Eibach -25mm progressive springs
Eibach 15mm spacers in rear
18x8.5 Rota Force Drifts in bronze
Gold extended lug nuts
RickHondaR's blue footwell lights
Skunk2 Gear knob
Type R gear gaitor
Solarplexius tints on back three windows
XCarLink iPhone/iPod & USB kit
Plastidipped mirror caps, chrome grill, handles and fuel cap

I'll let these pics do the talking :)

Here's how she looks today

(Stickerbomb isn't staying, ordering red carbon fibre from pimp my civic to replace)

And the dad's 18 year old big bus with mine :)

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a fan of small modifications rather than big ones ;) the civic has a problem of having green moss grow inside the seal of the rear lights, so last night instead of trying to clean this I used black pin stripe tape to cover the outside of the lights. Here's a pic.

Future plans
Uprated clutch (any suggestions to handle a 200bhp remap?)
Remap
Coilovers
Type R Spoiler (bought and awaiting delivery)
Dechromed front gel badge
Painting calipers
Possibly a GP kit down the line

Hope you like my car! :D
Thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone :D when the spoiler arrives I'll be on the search for a new clutch. Anyone got a remapped 2.2? If so what you running and what clutch do you have? :)

·
Administrator
18,057 Posts
Thanks everyone :D when the spoiler arrives I'll be on the search for a new clutch. Anyone got a remapped 2.2? If so what you running and what clutch do you have? :)
Stage 2 remap with EGR off here. Is now quite nippy :D

The OEM clutch didn't last too long on Celtic stage 1 remap, let alone stage 2 :p

Just had a Competition Clutch/SMF fitted by TDiNorth.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stage 2 remap with EGR off here. Is now quite nippy :D

The OEM clutch didn't last too long on Celtic stage 1 remap, let alone stage 2 :p

Just had a Competition Clutch/SMF fitted by TDiNorth.
What you think about the competition clutch and smf? Any juddering? How heavy is the peddle? :)

Is that a type R front spoiler? How did you get it to look good with standard arches?
It's just an extra splitter, its called an allfitautomotive splitter but i think you can get them from a company called Rhino now which is based in the UK. The car is lowered 25mm and the wheels are 8.5 wide with et42, there are also 10mm spacers in the back so it sits just nice in my opinion :) i want to go slightly lower though.

·
Administrator
18,057 Posts
The CC/SMF combo is great, with no vibration and the initial noise at certain rpm has gone. Acceleration is now immediate and I'm getting better mpg.

The clutch pedal is heavier than OEM but it does appear to easing up (covered 500 miles). I don't find it too heavy or awkward to use, it has quite a nice positive feel.

Judder is also less now (bedding in?) it does occasionally do it whilst reversing.

The OEM DMF does allow bad habits tho cas you can lift/coast to very low rpm. Whereas the SMF doesn't like low rpm IF you are in too high a gear. It's not an issue in use but shows how you can be lazy with OEM - which may also contribute to their failure.

A pal recently tried it and was impressed.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So two days ago the car had an MOT booked, passed with no problems.. then on the way home I had a coolant pipe let go, resulting in a slight overheat and this:

Thankfully no damage was done and it was easily fixed.

On a better note I fitted my type r spoiler today :D I'm really happy with how it looks.

I'll take more pictures of the spoiler tomorrow :)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
With regards to the clutch my 666 has now covered 100 miles of urban driving any extra noise is very minimal.
Pedal is much firmer and bite point very low almost into the carpet!
I'm guessing/hoping this will ease as its bedded in. A small price to pay to enable the stage 2.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks great, **. What did you do to your arches? They look minted. Mines are faded and generally not very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone. The pipe wasn't damaged it hadn't been secured correctly and blew off resulting in mild overheating. Safe to say I s**t myself lol! I've used a product called forever black on my arches that brings them up rightly. I then topped it off with some autoglym trim gel to give it that deep shine :)

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went for a long drive to the north of Ireland a couple of days ago, stopped at the beach for a few snaps. Since I last posted I have taken off the yellow laminx from the fogs and went for a light smoke look, added the type R spoiler and smaller, more illegal square plates :rolleyes:

Currently awaiting delivery on my coilovers so my -25mm eibach springs will be up in the for sale section soon ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts