2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ditched my Origin B2 and iPAQ satnav in favour of a Tomtom 910 (which I must admit I think is brilliant!).

I also have the iPOD connector cable and am running it through an FM adaptor - which is pretty crap - until an AUX adaptor is launched.

My current problem - having just been zapped by the fluff and earning another 3 points - is that I have lost the LASER detector that was on my B2.

I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron - anyone have any plans for a laser detector? Can these be purchased separately? Can they be installed stealthily?

Neil

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
ignoring the whole 'should you / shouldn't you / what kind of a driver does this make you' debate... :)

I would imagine that making a laser detector from scratch would be a fairly complex task!

At one stage, you could purchase a seperate laser / radar unit from Snooper that then plugged into their GPS based head units.

The plug is / was a simple (looking) 3.5mm jack.

So I guess most of the complex stuff was done in the RLD unit, and it just passed a simple message back for the HU to interpret.
Not quite sure how the power (if any) got to the RLD though.

But the bad news is that I don't think Snooper sell them anymore, and even if they did, you would need to work out how to interpret whatever signals the RLD did give you :(

All do-able I guess, with the right kit - but well over my head LOL

·
Banned
45 Posts
ireland

Mr Ed,

I was told that the police is harmless out there, tey seem to ride on a pig shooting with arrows.
This means everything with a civic will not be punished.

Klaas

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
klass - if you check out some of CP's other posts, you'll see what he does for a living :wink:

Hint - the blue lights mentioned in his sig line may not only be on his Civic...

·
Registered
102 Posts
excellent czech can i have a lift home next time im drunk in town?? (i dont live in NI but have friends that do)

and klass i been out in belfast absolutely loads and loads and loads of times, drinking shopping sightseeing etc etc its actually a really nice city! well i like it anyway!!

is czechplastik any reference to a gun??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not, well not that I'm aware off! Belfast is a good city, everywhere has it's problems, unfortunately ours tend to make the news more often than not. I'll buy you a drink next time you're over!

yeh true i just was thinking about plastic guns from the czech republic or something lol

and yeh it soed make the news, but its still a fantastic city, the belfast museum is brilliant and the aprk n stuff, its got a lot more going for it than i think people realise!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts