2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have been working with the new Ecutek software for the FN2 over the last few weeks developing it as we go with Ecutek themselves and have mapped a lot of cars with the new features that are offered and have put together a short video highlighting some of the simple options we are now offering. It also makes it a bit easier to see an understand exactly how the system works.

The car in the video has just an HKS intake and Milltek exhaust and the normal expected gains were seen just through remapping with earlier vtec, upped limiter, sharper throttle response, better fuel economy and gains throughout the rev range...... and then we started to add some nice features. >:)

On this car we are demonstrating the 4 mode multi-map option that is all accessed and controlled through the cruise control buttons.

Map 1 - Tuned map with flat foot shifting
Map 2 - Tuned map with flat foot shifting and blip on downshifts
Map 3 - 4000rpm/30mph valet mode
Map 4 - Anti-start

We also have the adjustable launch control enabled which again is adjusted through the cruise control buttons.

Please note that multi-map, blip on downshift and flat food shifting is currently only available on the GT models but we are working out a way to tray and retro-fit this to the non-GT cars.

We have a turbo car in next week to work on the boost control setups which are all available now with the stock euro ecu so not forced to switch to the American Si ECU like we have been with Hondata plus we will later be able to configure traction control with full ignition or throttle cuts all through the stock ecu without needing to purchase another expensive unit.

Full list of options and prices so far are listed on our webshop in this link:

ECUTEK VEHICLE TUNING CIVIC TYPE R FN2 RACEROM ? TDi North

·
Registered
31 Posts
That looks veeeery impressive! :)
I am especially interested in that BBG part - I've read that US ECU has same sort of extra pin in the wire (that EU ones doesn't) which is dedicated to this feature. Just of curiosity, how are you able to overcomes this rather physical than software difference?
And the most important question to me - will you supply a device for ECUTEK that would enable to e-tune cars? I have seen some suggestion in the previous thread that it is under development:grin2:
As I see it, that is the only advantage left on Hondata side, but still quite a major one, esp. for people living quite far off UK, as I do ;)

Cheers, and keep up the great work!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is this another option for tuning besides hondata flashpro? Does this offer better flexibility in tuning than the ones with flashpro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes it is and yes it does.

Is ecutek similar to hondata hardware and needs to be plugged in obd2 port?

What does the kit consist of? Do you still need the actual car to custom tune it cause im based in australia.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is ecutek similar to hondata hardware and needs to be plugged in obd2 port?

What does the kit consist of? Do you still need the actual car to custom tune it cause im based in australia.
Remote tuning will be available at a later date for these cars as the datalogging is far more comprehensive than we have previously seen with Hondata for instance we can monitor actual oil level in the sump along with many other parameters.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Remote tuning will be available at a later date for these cars as the datalogging is far more comprehensive than we have previously seen with Hondata for instance we can monitor actual oil level in the sump along with many other parameters.

That's wonderful to hear! Please keep me posted caue im very interested with this. I might as well sell my hondata if that pushes through

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Hi, with the flat foot shifting. Is it like a bike quick shifter where you don’t use the clutch or is the clutch still used?

Like what this can do though ��

Cheers
Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts