2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a message to say my map is over a year old and I should consider updating.
Used Garmin Express to load latest map on to my usb but the car is saying installed map and new map are the same.
I downloaded the map of Europe titled "Full coverage of Europe 2020.0"
Does that mean Honda have not updated the map for a year?
Does the .0 on the end of the map name suggest it is the first version for 2020?
Does anyone know what map update the have installed?

·
Registered
356 Posts
The 2020.0 map has been around for ages, I'm pretty sure I downloaded it in 2019

I was hoping something more up to date would be available before March when the car was 5 years old but nothing

Pretty poor of Garmin / Honda - clearly other Garmin devices have much more up to date maps

·
4,586 Posts
Honda release a new version of the map late in the year. So, yes, 2020.0 was available in 2019.
There is only one release per year. Presumably the once per year 'thing' is to lighten the load on dealers when owners are too lazy/incompetent/frightened/don't have a computer to do it themselves.

·
Registered
2016 Civic Se Plus [Nav] 1.8 auto
41 Posts
I've just downloaded 2020.0, it's still current. 😕

·
Registered
16 Posts
After installing new 2021.0 map in my Civic I have no local roads at all, only highways. (edit, Germany, Austria and northern nations have maps, Italy, France and west and south Europe have no maps. Originary Civic Garmin navigator has all Europe license and I'm Italian, with a Italian Honda civic)
I have re-downloaded maps with the same result. No errors during process.
Anyone has the problem? Please make backup of your 2020 USB key before update

Inviato dal mio SM-G970F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
I received an email today advising a new map update was available (assume the 2021.1 version mentioned previously)

Nothing showing up in Garmin Express

I went on the Garmin site and it specifically mentions that anyone with a 2015 or 2016 car and has no map update offered to contact support. I did this and was online chat but the operator said although he knew that USA maps had just been released he didn't know about EU - call back tomorrow during office hours

I'll get back in touch, hopefully a new update is available although hopefully not with issues the previous poster has experienced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Addendum
The file is not corrupted, but the license from Italian Civic (and Italian CRV, also) enable only the copy of North Europe maps instead all Europe)

Inviato dal mio SM-G970F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was able to manually load the missing South Europe map :cool:
First of all, you need to create the pendrive with 2021.0 (even if only Northern Europe will be present), then recover the D6737080A.img file from the download folder on your PC.
Once renamed to gmasup1.img, you need to generate the gmasup1.unl file with "JM-KG-v1.5 + 5Digit + ChecksumFix" and copy both to pendrive.
Finally, you need to create a copy of the gmasupp.gma file on the pendrive and rename it to gmasup1.gma (Honda Connect has a protected firmware and cannot load a unlocked map, even if is the orignal honda oem map unlocked with appropriate tool: unl and gma file are essentials. GMA file cannot be generated with any tool, but luckily, according to a previous map pendrive gmasupp.gma and gmasup1.gma is identical) .
Hoping Honda or Garmin fix the bug as soon as possible... i contacted them both by email and they are blaming each other :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts