2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worldcarfans have some pretty good spyshots here.

Anyone tempted? :D

Knowing how good the "cooking" model is now - the Type-R might be an interesting option.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Not really, for reason of self and general: Baby on the way so couldn't afford and I wouldn't bother until they put a better engine in, not that the current one is bad, just that they didn't seem to moved forward with the rest of the competition.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
I would be, but the petrol burn and insurance would probably put me off to be honest.

Needless to say I'll be doing a few test drives :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ride ??

Can you imagine what the ride of this will be like ? I have seen 20" wheels quoted as standard !!!! :x

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Re: Ride ??

mike222 said:
Can you imagine what the ride of this will be like ? I have seen 20" wheels quoted as standard !!!! :x
Should fit a padded roof as standard, methinks! :)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I wish they'd make a five door version as well. That would be something really worth considering. Peugeot are going to offer a five door version of their new 207s, no matter which version you want. Why not Honda then?

·
您看了
456 Posts
Copycat said:
I wish they'd make a five door version as well. That would be something really worth considering. Peugeot are going to offer a five door version of their new 207s, no matter which version you want. Why not Honda then?
Why no 5 door? Simple..... because its a Type-R! :twisted:

Type-R is a lightweight stripped out fast road car, no point in offering a 5 door version as it defeats the very core of the concept. Ever driven a proper Type-R integra?, they are totally no compromise, pretty harsh and noisey at the motorway cruise, but of so so good on the back roads. If it wasnt for the motorway miles I have to do I would be driving an imported DC5 integra right now.
This is what Type-R is about... deliberately the total opposite to the normal car and nothing added that takes away from the driving experience.

Thats why the Type-S existed. It was available in 5 door and was heavier and slower than the Type-R. But those who couldn't handle the rawness of the full Type-R bought the S and still got a good car.

Personally I hope they stick to rumour and make this car as hard core as they have threatened with minimal soundproofing, screaming engine etc etc :p :twisted: :p

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I have tickets to The British International Motor Show in July. I am led to belive that this is where Honda are going to show off the Type-R to the British public for the first time :D . Needless to say will be taking lots of pics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
CivPilot said:
Copycat said:
Why no 5 door? Simple..... because its a Type-R! :twisted:

Type-R is a lightweight stripped out fast road car, no point in offering a 5 door version as it defeats the very core of the concept. Ever driven a proper Type-R integra?, they are totally no compromise, pretty harsh and noisey at the motorway cruise, but of so so good on the back roads. If it wasnt for the motorway miles I have to do I would be driving an imported DC5 integra right now.
This is what Type-R is about... deliberately the total opposite to the normal car and nothing added that takes away from the driving experience.

Thats why the Type-S existed. It was available in 5 door and was heavier and slower than the Type-R. But those who couldn't handle the rawness of the full Type-R bought the S and still got a good car.

Personally I hope they stick to rumour and make this car as hard core as they have threatened with minimal soundproofing, screaming engine etc etc :p :twisted: :p
Oh yeah baby bring it on. Keep dreaming that after getiing rid of my last Type R for a Diesel this time. I intend to get the next one. But it will be hard to justify the mpg and the cost of petrol. But i am trying, ask my wife ! :lol:

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
The CTR Concept car had 20" wheels much like the 5Dr Concept car when it was shown, so I doubt they'd make the production car.
Besides it would be pretty harsh on UK roads!
I'd expect 18" or 19" as options as they'd then be an inch up on the 5Dr.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It must be a fairly outrageous colour if they've gone to the effort of taping up the entire car :?

I had the old one and it was a complete hoot, girlfriend now owns it :D

·
您看了
456 Posts
It's red.

You can see this in several photos around the side edge of the bonnet and top of the passenger side front lamp. You can see it even clearer in the high res versions that are also on line (that I can't for some reason find a link to anymore)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would not attach too much importance to the colurs of prototype cars. Quite often it bears no resemblance to the range that will be offered. Remeber that orangey bronze color that was everywhere in the first Civic photos, it never made it!!

BUT, I hope the Type R has some wild colours, as the 5 door range is a little "silvery".

·
您看了
456 Posts
Charlie said:
I would not attach too much importance to the colurs of prototype cars. Quite often it bears no resemblance to the range that will be offered. Remeber that orangey bronze color that was everywhere in the first Civic photos, it never made it!!

BUT, I hope the Type R has some wild colours, as the 5 door range is a little "silvery".
The orangy bronze coloured Civic you refer to was a non running clay model concept car that did the motor show rounds. That colour only ever appeared on that non running concept car, it never appeared on any running prototypes.

Expect the Type-R to be available in White, Black, Red & Yellow (this seems to be the universal Type-R colour range and would be plesently surprised if they changed it, but still happy if they didn't).

But the car in the wrapping is definately red ;) ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
CivPilot said:
Charlie said:

The orangy bronze coloured Civic you refer to was a non running clay model concept car that did the motor show rounds. That colour only ever appeared on that non running concept car, it never appeared on any running prototypes.

Expect the Type-R to be available in White, Black, Red & Yellow (this seems to be the universal Type-R colour range and would be plesently surprised if they changed it, but still happy if they didn't).

Silver and Cosmic ? Or maybe even Blue ?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Big ARG said:
CivPilot said:
Charlie said:

Or maybe even Galaxy Grey...mmmmm :lol:

·
Registered
71 Posts
kevin_lufc said:
Big ARG said:
CivPilot said:
Charlie said:

Or maybe even Galaxy Grey...mmmmm :lol:
I've got Galaxy grey now, but i hope i don't see it on a Type R. It's just wrong.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
I'd only expect a current Civic colour (possibly a new one or two??) certainly not yellow or white although it would look cool.
IF Honda do want to change the image they need some more vibrant colours in the range.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As with the Type R philosophy i would expect traditional racing colours, to which Honda are associated with. (No Racing Green).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts