2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Well the knocking shocks are no surprise -- why doesnt the user/dealer sort this out? Beggars belief.

As for the engine being reluctant to rev - are they driving a different car to me or something?!?

Sounds like a couple of lemons though - not heard of those things.

Problem with review sites like that is people only bother to write a review if they've got a problem, whereas if theyre happy, they wouldnt even think to look for a website to vent their spleen.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
"Long journeys are not a good idea because the seats aren't great."

What??
Even if it's a Lemon then I find the seats so comfortable; they're a bit hard maybe but with some decent adjusting they're just brilliant.

And "The worst is the number of interior squeaks, creaks and rattles" - ok there's a couple at times but I used to have a 206; that had a CONSTANT squeek from the back when doing 60.

The only "issue" I have noticed with the Civic is the rear windows open and front not as someone else pointed out; but when do you do that.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
basegreen said:
Problem with review sites like that is people only bother to write a review if they've got a problem, whereas if theyre happy, they wouldnt even think to look for a website to vent their spleen.
Maybe someone should write a few positive reviews on that site. :?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, there are quite a few decent user reviews further down the list so it's not all bad! It is probably fair to say that every car listed will probably have at least one dodgy user review as mentioned before, typically only people write reviews on the negative aspects of their car rather than how good it is!

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Well yet again I see someone else needed a new gearbox!! I have to say I am disappointed with the car, having had to have a replacement and still with ongoing problems (no word from Honda CS after 4 weeks)!! Even the courtesy Civic I was using had its problems.

I think there are a lot of issues with this car probably why such long delay from CS they are no doubt snowed under with complaints.

One of the reasons I went for the Civic was because of their reputation and reliability, some days I really regret getting rid of my old car, the civic looks fantastic even with the little irritating problems (ie fragile dash, high maintenance fabric on seats) but if the car doesn't perform well then its pointless.

The ongoing issues are tiresome and frustrating and now I have a 6inch scratch down the driver's door I have to say I am rapidly losing all interest in the car.

Those of you lucky enough to have the "perfect" car will not understand how annoying it is to spend so much money and then spend months and months complaining. I am seriously considering going to Watchdog if I dont get some results from CS very soon.

I wish I had waited before buying one to give Honda time to rectify the problems.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I know exactly where you are coming from and so far I guess I'm a "lucky one" but I've been through all of that with 3 brand new Ford's I've had in the past:
Fiesta - less than 1 week old, clutch went on me at high speed
Focus - windscreen whistled at 70mph+
Mondea - gearbox, wouldn't go into certain gears randomly - eventually whole new gearbox

I must say that in all the above cases, Jennings of Stockton-On-Tees were pretty good at resolving them, the Mondeo gearbox being the only one to *drag* on for a while because everytime they took it out for a test drive the gearbox never got stuck ;)

Maybe you need to speak directly to one of those people that Basegreen knows - get things moving a bit....

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I have written to the same person he was dealing with as she sorted out my replacement!! :roll:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Like Fedorov I have had no problems with my car, 2 months and 2500 miles. However I did have problems with previous cars.

51 reg Renault Clio 172: Cam belt went at 1300 miles and it needed a new engine. I rejected the car on the basis that I had only had it 6 wks and it needed a new engine. By the time Renault had sorted it out I ended up with a brand new 02 plate car. I had this for 1 day and it went back as the CD autochanger (under the passenger seat) wasn't working, turned out the rear window hadn't been sealed properly and the water leak had resulted in the whole of the passanger side interior being wet. It went back in for 3 days.
02 reg Renault Clio 172: Spent so much time in the dealer with defective belts, pulleys, a full new exhaust system etc etc, I hardly drove it. Took heed and sold it!
03 reg Citroen C3: This is our other car and the only thing it's ever let us down with is the gearbox. It went in once when we couldn't select 1st, 3rd and 5th. Second time it was 2nd, 4th and reverse. (I know it's our fault for buying french cars! :D )

Know someone who had to have a new engine put in his 3 mth old Subaru Impreza Turbo after engine failure. A friend with an Audi A4 cab which had a dodgy auto box and a leaking roof which only got sorted after he kicked off in the showroom and they got him another car (after driving an A2 courtesey car for ages). Plus my mate has a 54 reg Beetle cab, at 18 mths old it's just having it's 4th new roof fitted. She should have bought a Polo, thats what she drives most of the time!

Best of all was the 51 reg Clio. The dealer sold it on with a new engine but didn't tell the new owner. He found out after he had bought it and got the V5 form through with my name on it. He rang Renault and they said it was because I was a company employee and it was my company car - bloody cheek! He found me in the phone book and nearly died when I told him it had had a new engine so I went to his house with my identical new car to prove I was not lying. Poor guy, I got him to check the engine number on the car and the V5, they'd not even bothered to change it. I think a legal wrangle ensued.

So frankly nothing surprises me anymore with cars and dealers, just glad mine works - for once.

·
Registered
130 Posts
A lot of it seems to be from petrol 1.8 owners, however I can only speak from personal experience and although the civic is not perfect, it still wins hands down compared to any other car in its class.

So 9/10 from me!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just been onto What car and felt so strongly I had to put a good review in. So I signed up and posted my comments - that the Civic is great. :D

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I actually left an extremely good review on Whatcar months ago - then after that the problems started :?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hope your problems are sorted soon Topcat.

You can see from my post above that I and my friends have had loads of trouble with brand new cars - I haven't even mentioned the minor problems I've had with new and nearly new cars I also owned. So having a car that hasn't gone wrong (even in such a short time) and makes me smile evertime I jump in it, is a bit of a novelty. Even the towing home by the AA after the tyre ripped didn't really bother me, well, apart from the price of a new tyre.

So it's Civic's all the way for me at the moment. I think I'll go tell it how much I love it so has not to tempt fate and it have a ' hissy fit' on me and go wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts