2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One dealer reckons he can get an Accord Type S tourer for mid October, another claims March 2012. Anyone cast any light on the scarcity of ATS???

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
One dealer reckons he can get an Accord Type S tourer for mid October, another claims March 2012. Anyone cast any light on the scarcity of ATS???
February/March, there are none in the uk and none being built until the new 2012 minor model change is launched, expect to see something around Feb/March time

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Ive now sourced 2 tourers but ive not test driven the type s and am uncertain how it would compare space-wise to my crv. According to what car, the accord has more front and rear legroom than the crv, but it sure doesnt look that way. Is it similar, anyone know?

Is the type s as firm as the ctr, which i owned and grew to dislike (sorry)

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
its very subjective. try the car out is the only answer I can give. Some people love the ride in some cars, hate the ride in others.

As for room, again, its similar but only you will know if you are comfortable with it...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try and get a test drive this weekend. The crv has just been thoroughly cleaned inside out and looks great. Its value seems low though considering its a diesel ex with just 6000 miles on (60 plate). Hopefully its part ex price will increase in autumn

·
Registered
29 Posts
February/March, there are none in the uk and none being built until the new 2012 minor model change is launched, expect to see something around Feb/March time
Very true with all Honda cars sourced from Japan going down the BTO ( Built to order route) these lead times are testing the patience of a lot of customers. Coupled with the disaster in March the just in time production model has slowly grinding to a halt. Things are looking a bit healthier but I have been told a lot 61 reg cars are being delivered in the first week of October.

May be we will see the new minor model revision 8th gen soon.:popcorn:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts