2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

The Good - Just ordered a 1.6 EX in Red last week via a work salary sacrifice scheme

The Bad - I've been told that it may take 16 Weeks!!!!

Is this lead time normal or have I picked an unusual variant? I didn't select any optional extras as I was happy with the EX spec

·
Registered
616 Posts
From what Ive read here its only the red color because of earlier(?) paint issues

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ouch,
The problem with Honda is that the are producing batches of each engine, spec, and color and not to customer order. So, if your particular car is sold out or not produced yet there might be many other variants in line at the Honda plant.

If a remember correctly there has also been a problem with the milano red paint this year? Other knows more.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
No knowledge of a paint issue that i'm aware of, if anything, because its one of the solids (cheaper) and for once looks good on a car, they naturally sell out before the metallics/pearlescents.

The red is a factory order but I dont know why you are having to wait, there should be stock in the delaerships.

Who did you/do you order through? Pm me if you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys

The Good - Just ordered a 1.6 EX in Red last week via a work salary sacrifice scheme

The Bad - I've been told that it may take 16 Weeks!!!!

Is this lead time normal or have I picked an unusual variant? I didn't select any optional extras as I was happy with the EX spec

me too!!!!! In blue though
Mine is ready to deliver now after only 2 weeks. The problem is I already have a car and dont have the room for two cars.

I currently have a Peugeot rcz which I'm getting rid of in a couple of weeks and returning to Honda. Had a g8 civic 1.8 ex before pug.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Can I ask why you are returning the pug - Especially for just a 1.6? It was always a favorite of mine. Without the kid I probably would have bought a diesel RCZ instead of the Civic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can I ask why you are returning the pug - Especially for just a 1.6? It was always a favorite of mine. Without the kid I probably would have bought a diesel RCZ instead of the Civic.
for a number of reasons to be honest.
firstly its a great looking car. it makes me smile every time i walk up to it. people turn and look / point who haven't seen one before. thats the problem tho its great looking but not a great quality car.

squeaks and rattles have driven me crazy. folding wing mirrors sound like a hippo farting!! honestly people stop and look in the street if you lock / unlock the car. the mirrors make a right racket. they've already been replaced and the fault has reoccurred.

its a killer on fuel economy. i have to fill it every 7-8 days at 60 odd quid a pop at current petrol prices.

its VERY tyre hungry and they cost a lot of money.

i wish i had known how lousy the sat nav was going to be.

many recalls. the last for a timing chain issue that is starting to sound like the fault is coming back. (all 156bhp petrol engines affected. must have cost peugeot a fortune)

wish at times i never traded my 8g 1.8ex for it.

salary sacrifice scheme through work is simply to good to turn down. all inclusive motoring including insurance, servicing, tyres etc. all i gotta do is chuck fuel in it.
the new 1.6 diesel is on the list of available cars so in the current financial climate my head has to overrule heart and be sensible. the pug has cost a fortune to run so the civic 1.6 ex model makes sense.

cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got mine in 7 days, walked in on a Sat and picked it up the following Sat, had a choice of 4. They were already at the dealers though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My lease-car (red 1.6) was ordered this week. My current contract ends in august, but the dealer told me it won't be delivered before august anyway. Counting 16 weeks from now is the week my current contract ends. So should be just in time...

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Am I sellfishly missing a fundamental point on these lead in times?

I can order a BMW (made to order) and have it shipped over within 6 - 8 weeks of confirmation of my order

Same applies for an Audi or Renault (if I desired one)

Yet a car built in Britain 1.5 hours from where I live takes 16 - 20 weeks. Agreed it's supply and demand, stock piles are non existant apart from those on forecourts but surely this is whats wrong with British industry. A rather brief statement skipping a lot of complexities granted but surely someone recognises my point?

Perhaps I should drop the subject as I'm starting to sound like an old moaning Meldrew but thought it worth some consideration

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Audi factory order less than 4 months? doubtful
I'll check Dan and many apologies if I've made a mistake but my work colleague ordered an Audi Cabriolet on 25th March... has been told to expect it around 6th - 13th May. Granted this is not confirmed and many other factores will probably change this date... ya know what, I'm gonna stop whining about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts