2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to read/help.

So I noticed a small puddle this morning under passenger side wheel. Doesn't seem to have any colouring and viscosity seems like water?

Inside the wheel arch, it looks damp. Last MOT was told the shocks were leaking and to get them replaced at some stage.

Is this leak something I should be worried about? Is it just water?

Have attached some photos at the link below. Thanks a lot :)

·
4,249 Posts
Is there anything else that you know it isn't?
Does it dry up? If you put water on it, does it mix in (water) or sit on the top (oil)

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts
ive seen a few civics have similar issues
is it running off the plastic trim/gaurd from under car just rain/road water that gets trapped and then runs off when car parked on enough of angle to find a path out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys.

So I parked in a different spot and there doesn't seem to be any more leakage. The original leak is still there, even today, suggests it's not only water.

But I'm beginning to think it might be rain water mixing in somehow with some oil as it flushes through that region? Not sure if that's possible.

It hasn't rained for over a day and there has been no further leaks, as I've parked the car in another spot.

Took it for a lengthy drive today everything feels and seems and sounds fine..

any thoughts?! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,292 Posts
You don't say front or rear wheel.
Put some cardboard under where it's coming from, that way any contaminants on the ground won't confuse the oil/water comment from M8.
Could just be some water trapped in the front air vent under the screen that has slowly worked its way out. Check under the screen scuttle for leaves and other muck, especially in the corner by the bonnet hinge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts