2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my boot has had a slight leak for a year or two (noticeable by slight mould in the bottom boot compartment) but last winter it got much worse and I noticed standing water in the bottom boot space after heavy rainfall. I have poured water over the top of the boot and noticed it entering the bottom boot space on the right hand side, halfway along. Tracing this upwards I've also found it dripping over the rear suspension mount that can be found in the boot by removing the small piece of carpeted trim. Has anyone else had a similar issue and identified the source of the leak? I've bought some sealant so am happy to give it a go myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep, same on mine, source remains a mystery since I've resealed all the gutter. Very common problem. On mine the only solution was to plaster the inside boot seams with sealant. The water is still getting in (between the skins), but it doesn't' at least make it into the inside of the car. Storing up a rust problem for the future no doubt, but I'll be shot of the car by then!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts