2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Civic mk8 2007 1.8 SE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a major issue with my passenger door driver side wether strip.. (so I believe) whenever we get really bad rainfall the next day I have to empty out my drains otherwise it sounds like a titanic going down..
I have included a photograph of the gap between the strip and window. I think this is the cause because the other windows seem tighter against the strip.

Can anyone plz help me (hopefully before the next rainfall we get)

Attachments

· Registered
Civic mk8 2007 1.8 SE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if the water is getting out of the drain holes in the door then it should not be a worry.
if it is getting back into the car and the carpet is wet then it is.

if you park on a slope maybe park the other way round and see if that affects it.
Ye the water comes out of the drain hole only when I remove the plug though.. (not sure if it's suppose to bleed though the plug) it's only happening on the 1 door (the one behind drivers side)

· Registered
Civic mk8 2007 1.8 SE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if the water is getting out of the drain holes in the door then it should not be a worry.
if it is getting back into the car and the carpet is wet then it is.

if you park on a slope maybe park the other way round and see if that affects it.
Here is the picture of the plug I was talking about, would it be better if I just removed them all permanently??

Attachments

· Registered
Civic mk8 2007 1.8 SE
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Couldn't find any pics but did find a few posts about this.

Post #6

I was thinking of permanently removing all the rubber plugs and trying my best to clean the inside with compressed air and not sure about the wax thing? Does that protect it even more from rust and where can I find this?

Thx in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts