2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever encountered this before?

Recently noticed mushrooms growing in the passenger footwell of my civic type r fn2. Closer inspection was the passenger footwell was soaked. I have dried cleaned and repeated. After heavy rain last night the footwell was the worst it's ever even.

Honda originally told me I'd possibly need a new screen and for them to book in for a water test, and this could amount to £700.

After taking the carpet up it appears to be coming from up above and behind the centre console. The window does appear to be leaking on inside. I check under the bonnet and when water is poured into the plastic drainage between screen and bonnet it falls through into the back of the engine bay. Towards the back of the engine bay Fabic was soaked. It appears to be getting in from back of engine bay under the screen.

Also noticed that I can hear water sloshing around when breaking hard and accelerating. Didn't know if this was trapped water in the car or petrol tank.

Can see me losing money fast. First and only problem I've had in 2 and half years of owning.

Anyone had this, where they got it fixed, how much it costs??? Thoughts and advice please!?

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I know it sounds daft and I'm pretty sure it was the first thing Honda will have checked, but you've checked you haven't got the rusty roof issue?

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
How've you got on with this pal?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I had this, it was a badly sealed weld behind the "A" pillar
I'm wondering if this is what I have, wet passenger footwell, I can see drips of water running down the plastic trim on the left of the footwell.

Worth removing the A-pillar trim and looking there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts