2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, got a 2007 Honda Civic ( black)
Had some leaks in boot running down into spare whell compartment.
Noticed a lot of drops at bottom of jack & air pump side compartments.
Put Tiger seal / stixall (black) on rear window and wires near boot hinge.
Was not the issue as a tailgate leak runs out at the bottom anyway.
Removed rear bumper a (took me 1/2 an hour)
and discovered leak was from the upper white plastic clip that holds bumper
on near indicator, water channels right over it and rubber seal was worn.
covered it in tiger seal, also covered seams and any bungs.
and inspect popper & rubber seal on top end of rear light units as that hole leads in boot too.
All sorted, no dampness inside :smile3:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 2007 Civic SE and my rear left carpet is soaking, i think from when raining as when i dont drive the car its still collecting water. is this the same prob as yours? your pics are not opening

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also took the roof guttering off & put a tiny bit of sicaflex in the joint where it leads into the boot guttering, this was not the issue though. As a seconday measure ( or if you really don't have the ability to remove the rear bumper ) you can remove the rear lights with an 8mm spanner ( under plastic covers ) and pump some stixall down the rear bumper where it joins the rear wing - it will bend out slightly - pump it into the cavity and a little toward rear ( all marked in yellow on 1 picture ) and the smooth it out and fill the incy little hole in top of rear bumper and put a little at the top joint of rear wing / bumper & run a little flathead screwdriver down it. This may well divert all the water away from the 'bottom hole' without the need to remove the bumper. Pop a little stixall around the 'top hole' too ( and repeat every time you have a bulb go )

I really do recommend removing the rear bumper though and doing primary repair aswell - 2 big clips in base - 2 medium clips in wheel trim - 2 small clips in wheel arch - 2 screws in wheel arch and same 2 screws in wheel trim.
And jet wash off the mud 1st and draw how each panel overlaps / sizing of clips to aid reassembly

Putting 2 holes from the 'trunk guttering' area into the boot with 4 poor quality rubber seals is more annoying than having to buy my own spare wheel for this car and build my own boot base for it.
All they had to do was put 2 dead end sealed inserts in - lower 1 threaded.
Apart from that bloody good vehicle my 2.2 turbo diesel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found another boot leak, the white sealant they put around the seams on the spot welded plates had a hair line crack where it had shrunk over ten years. Not the roof guttering one this time, but further down:
The seam between the 8mm bolt holes when you remove the rear light units.
Best cover all these seams with a brushload of underseal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts