2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to rip the boot area out today find these leaks I'm trying to source where the leaks come from especially the one that comes down to the rear strut shocks and pools around the rubber.. I've already siliconed around the wiring loom grommets

Trying to Google where the rest is finding quite challenging

Arhhhh help please

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
3,996 Posts
Loads of stuff here about leaky 8Gs. Like 5 threads on the first page of the very place that you posted. Cracked seal in the roof joint seems to be one of them.

·
i-Vtec
2,240 Posts
Take the rear shock rubbers out, replace them or smear them in Vasaline. I found water getting in on mine here after going mental with the power washer inside the rear wheel wells mate.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But it gets in without the car being moved at all.... On the top rubber shock mounts .?

·
Super Moderator
2,096 Posts
before you fit everything back in give the rusty areas a wire brush at least before using a suitabl protective coating

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wiring brushing it and using kurust then going from there ...

·
Super Moderator
2,096 Posts
ive used the kurust its actually 1 of the many rust convertors ive used that actually works

I tested it on a old trailer just used up what I had left and its still solid black finish about 12 months later never painted over it
I tip a little out in another tub so I don't cross contaminate with the unused stuff if I don't use it all or need to ad a little extra never dip brush in the tub of fresh stuff

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh I'll be pouring small amount into a tub not going straight in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts