2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... at the roundabout at the end of my road this morning, a brand spanking new learner car using a Civic 1.4 SE.

What a car to learn in!

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I knew that the letter L at the back of a car had something to do with getting your driving license. Thank you for clearing that up for me. :roll:

I wish I hadn't had to learn to drive in a Toyota Corolla. Perhaps the most boring car in the world.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Reactions: dannyd2134

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Nissan Micra, the first one, looked like a popemobile, all glass.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i learnt in the last gen honda civic but changed to my brothers polo as it was in my oppinion an awful drive unlike the new one.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
1934 Austin Ruby (The 'Posh' Austin 7) - By the way I'm not quite as old as the car was :!: :)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Today, on my way back home from work, I spotted a Nighthawk black Civic. I was amazed because it was the second Civic I saw today!
Once I got closer I realized that it was a learner car. :p Seemed like a parent teaching his son to drive. I guess Honda have finally started delivering their babies over here. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I learned to drive in a Honda Civic .... in 1982!! Don't ask what generation Honda that was.
Passed 1st time (was that down to the car?)

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
I Learned in a Nissan Micra and a Austin Metro and Ford Fiesta. That sounds like I was learning for years - I wasn't, honest :wink:. I had a break and then started again and my instructor changed from the Metro to the Fiesta - thank God. The metro was terrible to drive.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
I learned in a Mk3 Fiesta which was the instructor's car, My Mk1 950cc Fiesta and my Dad's Sierra Sapphire 2.0i GLS.

I think the extra practice with my Dad helped, I was put in for my test after 20 lessons and passed 1st time.

Was very nervous on test day though!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts