2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any pics of the optional Leather interior for the Civic???

If you've read my post in another Topic, then you'll know why I want to see.......

Cheers,

Mark.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree. The leather trim is really nice. It's something I would have gone for myselff but as it was on the SE Executive it meant loosing auto lights and wiper cruise control and panoramic glass roof. I stuck with the ES spec. The leather seats are heated too. The switches for the driver and passenger seats are located either side of the cigarette lighter and have two temperature settings.
Good quality leather and stiching though (did you expect anything else!!).

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I did consider it. I thought about asking for it when I got the free upgrades. But..............would have added weeks to my due date.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sorry but i am angry

had delivery of my lovely galaxy grey with penta wheels and ?? leather seats:( ?????
guess what we have been sold i lie i love the car i ove the seats but they aint leather there some kind of plastic leatherete material .go check for your selfs lower the rear seats. and lift the fabric flap and you will see they aint leather i worked in the shoe trade for fifteen years i know leather when i see it so go check cus this stuff aint gonna last like leather does.
i am rearly pi---- off and feel ripped. if i was told i was getting plagy seats i would of stuck to the original seats and saved a grand.
let me know your findings
chris

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm no expert - but I believe the facings are leather. The sides, backs etc are not. This is quite normal on most cars until one goes up market quite a way I believe.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Nearly ALL manufacturers only put real leather on the contact points ie. face of the seats. The backs I believe are normally leatherette. I have the leather option on my car and it is the BEST £800 i've ever spent on an option. The heated seats are most toasty! Below are a few photos.

Attachments

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I'm no expert - but I believe the facings are leather. The sides, backs etc are not. This is quite normal on most cars until one goes up market quite a way I believe.

That would explain why it is quite cheap - except it is false advertsiing if it does not mention somewhere that the sides and backs are not leather surely - maybe it does

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
If you want FULL leather then look here:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1410

The Honda factory fit are facings only.

Transform Leather do a superb job of removing your old velour seat covers and replacing with leather. Excellent after-fit.

Attachments

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
V.nice allan

although I am happy with the factory spec leather seating
it is such a small bit on the seat back - makes no real difference

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
V.nice allan

although I am happy with the factory spec leather seating
it is such a small bit on the seat back - makes no real difference
I think the back is untouched. The extra leather is on the sides of the seats.

I take it you went the transform route allan? How much did that sting you?
Transform were excellent. Very helpful and hospitable. I could have had any colour combination of leather and stitching; even the Honda 'H' logo embroidered in the front seats or red centres with black sides etc. Your local dealer will remove your seats and door cards, Transform collect re-fit and return them to your dealer for replacing in your car (this route adds a bit to the cost).

I drove up to their factory. Had a great day. You can read more of my original report in the 'Transform Leather' section.

Cost 'all-in' was around £1000. They did a perfect job. No stretch marks or puckering. Superb fit. I believe you can also have front seat heating installed now as well.

Ps: I went for Black with perforated centres and silver stitching.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
The side of the seats are done in leather as well by Honda (only the seat backs are plastic) plus you get the heated seats as std for the £800

Perhaps transform use a slightly higher grade of leather?

anyway I'm sure you are happy allan and so are we

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
The side of the seats are done in leather as well by Honda (only the seat backs are plastic) plus you get the heated seats as std for the £800

Perhaps transform use a slightly higher grade of leather?

anyway I'm sure you are happy allan and so are we
Yes, I would have had the Honda leather and sunroof but the delay at the time of ordering was 'unknown'; as it was I ordered early Feb and had delivery at the end of July!

·
Registered
10 Posts
leather seats

well thats made me happy again :D ?when i saw the pvc leatherete underneath the seat i thought god £800 for plastic but now i know the tops are leather. i am in love again thanks guys kind of cleared it up for me .
thank you
chris

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Blimey, you lot pay EXTRA to get your b*m frozen on cold winter mornings and burnt on hot summer days and to slide around in the seat when you corner quickly. :confused:

Stick with cloth. Cheaper and nicer. :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Blimey, you lot pay EXTRA to get your b*m frozen on cold winter mornings and burnt on hot summer days and to slide around in the seat when you corner quickly. :confused:

Stick with cloth. Cheaper and nicer. :)
The 'Transform' leather is very soft and with the perforated centres there's no sliding and it's comfortable in the summer heat. Don't notice it being cold in winter either as I wear thicker/extra clothing....and that aroma of leather....ahhhhhh.[smilie=superkewl.g:

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Each to their own - but you are overlooking that when we pay for Honda leather seats we also get a couple of switches to pipe a bunch of heat up our backsides. :D No sliding yet, & not enough sun either...

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Whoops, we are having the same conversation on 2 different threads! ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts