2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 7 years of owning a Civic, 3 years with a 1.8 and 4 years with a 1.8 Type-S I'm leaving the fold.

My Type-S has been great to own with little to no issues, but she's now at the 115K mark and is in need of a quieter life. She's needing a few bits done to her but nothing major. However as I'm totally not mechanical minded in any way it all adds up at garage prices.

So traded her in and have gone for an Astra GTC 1.6T sri in flaming yellow. I'm hoping the new family member will be as reliable.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi mate, sounds like you've had good exsprience to owning a honda, would you mind saying what needs doing to your car so i can brace myself lol in the future cheers!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly nothing much for its age.

It needs a new front shock (light misting on last MOT). It has a hole in the exhaust back box. It groans like an old pirate ship when turning slowly so its needing new strut top bearings.

That's basically all I know that's wrong with it but I suppose with 115K on it other little things are gonna come along.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Honestly nothing much for its age.

It needs a new front shock (light misting on last MOT). It has a hole in the exhaust back box. It groans like an old pirate ship when turning slowly so its needing new strut top bearings.

That's basically all I know that's wrong with it but I suppose with 115K on it other little things are gonna come along.
Only niggles but like you say can rack up a heafty bill for a garage, typical honda reliability second to none!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Previous gen Vauxhalls are very reliable. Current gen is pretty cheap on the inside, has some dodgy electronics, but sound overall. Hope all is well... traitor! :wink3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts