2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, the first post so please be gentle.

I have just purchased a white 2015 SR tourer. Love the car, have done a lot of searching on here regarding updating the bulbs to LED, some of these posts are quite old so links to products are no longer around.

What I am looking for:

1. LED dipped lightbulbs
  2. LED daytime running lightbulbs
  3. LED full beam lightbulbs
Where can I get the best version of these which are just plug and play with no errors? Have been looking on ebay but it is a mindfield. Also, am I missing any in the above list (sorry bit of a noob with this)

Thanks!

· i-Dtec
5,546 Posts

As you have the headlights with elliptical lens you can pretty much use any LED headlight bulb and the Lens gives you the proper cut off. As far as Errors go the civics don't have bulb out warning systems so you'll be ok there. Neither my Gen8 or Gen10 had any issues with LED bulbs. When buying they are marked up as 70/80/90 watts which is actually 35/40/45 watts per bulb. Obviously the higher the wattage the brighter the bulb. Ive used Nighteye, Novsight and Easy Eagle before and had no issues. Just fitted these ones to both headlight and main beam and they are very good even though they are just a 60w set up I like this style of LED.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

As you have the headlights with elliptical lens you can pretty much use any LED headlight bulb and the Lens gives you the proper cut off. As far as Errors go the civics don't have bulb out warning systems so you'll be ok there. Neither my Gen8 or Gen10 had any issues with LED bulbs. When buying they are marked up as 70/80/90 watts which is actually 35/40/45 watts per bulb. Obviously the higher the wattage the brighter the bulb. Ive used Nighteye, Novsight and Easy Eagle before and had no issues. Just fitted these ones to both headlight and main beam and they are very good even though they are just a 60w set up I like this style of LED.
Thanks, is it the same H7 bulbs for the sidelights? Can you do anything with the DRLs?

· Registered
175 Posts
I just bought mine from ebay - Auxito for the dip (approx £25 for 2) and Phillips Ultinon (approx £50 for 2) for the main beam.

I'd say that the Philips are brighter and they also have a small fan built into the base which the Auxito's do not. Even with the fan they fit under the stock plastic covers fine.

When I fitted mine I had the headlights out as I was fitting my Type-R (or Sport) fog light surrounds and lower grille at the same time ;)

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Auxito led's from ebay as above, 25 quid or thereabouts. Been in the car for 18 months, no issues, much better light output, good beam cut off./ no dazzling. No issues with MOT. Main beam only on mine but if i'd known how good they were i probably would have done high beam with the same bulbs at the same time.

I fitted mine at the same time as replacing both damaged headlights with new units, so bulbs easy to do on the bench. It would be very hard to put in LEDs with the h/lamp in the car but i know some have managed it. Its actually not hard to drop the front bumper on these and get the h/lamps out. Its definitely worth doing though - LED makes a huge difference to driving the car at night.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Auxito led's from ebay as above, 25 quid or thereabouts. Been in the car for 18 months, no issues, much better light output, good beam cut off./ no dazzling. No issues with MOT. Main beam only on mine but if i'd known how good they were i probably would have done high beam with the same bulbs at the same time.

I fitted mine at the same time as replacing both damaged headlights with new units, so bulbs easy to do on the bench. It would be very hard to put in LEDs with the h/lamp in the car but i know some have managed it. Its actually not hard to drop the front bumper on these and get the h/lamps out. Its definitely worth doing though - LED makes a huge difference to driving the car at night.
Thanks Rob. Will check that out. I have been following your thread as I essentially have exactly the same car as you. Looking at the celtic tuning map, but for economy at the moment.

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Thanks Rob. Will check that out. I have been following your thread as I essentially have exactly the same car as you. Looking at the celtic tuning map, but for economy at the moment.
drive it sensibly and you'll get the same economy with their "eco" map or their standard stage 1. Only with the stage 1 you also get some more performance when you need, so for me it was a no-brainer to go stage 1. The car is noticeably quicker on acceleration plus i can get better mpg if i want to - it's a win win. Celtic give a discount to forum members, not much but worth having.

· Registered
175 Posts
The only minor issue I find is that when I take the dog out at night I drive down a dark, dead end country lane for about a mile on main beam and the lights are slightly high for my liking. This is easily addressed with the little light adjuster wheel on 3

Mind you compared to the Jeep even candles would be an improvement!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts