2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys! Great Forum!

Been searching around for some headlight-upgrades. I have purchased the novlights that have been sugested.
But i have a question about the phillips ultinon. Any good?
LED is so good on the road. Its like i have been driving in the dark before i got the novlights. Used to have the phillips xtremewhite.
So... Anyone who uses this set?

All info is great!!

Thanks in advance!!

Greetings, Tom.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
For use in the dip beam, for brightness, I'd recommend HID bulbs - They're a bit more difficult to fit / setup, but you'll find they have a higher output than even the best LEDs, and for a lower price (My current Ballast + Bulb set was ~£35 in total.

(That is if you have the facelift with projector headlamps!)

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip! My bad... I forgot to say it is for the 1.4i sport 2012... No facelift. Was thinking of upgrading to a genX but this car is still so good. Bought it from my father in law @ 70k kilometers. Brand new condition. To this day the original floormats are still covered by aftermarket ones 😆😆. No foot has ever stepped on the original ones. Only the driver side is used. So thats why i'm looking for ways to taking it up a notch an give this 'brand' new car a nice live. Liking it so much. Gonna upload some pics one of these days.

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Ah, In that case, you have another option - You can retrofit the HID headlamps from the EX model - Have a look at I-VTEC2012 - I think he posted his conversion on my HID thread; It was apparently fairly simple to switch over to the HIDs!

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? Nice! Gonna look that up. But if the HID convertion is the next step to go... The Phillips led's are ok at the moment? No trouble with those? But really.... A big thank you for the reply!
Still looking at mods everywhere. To bad father in law bought the 1.4... not the 1.8. drives good for a 1.4 an with the injen cold air intake it sounds really nice. Turbo setup would be nice, but i think that's out of the question?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hi, i do have ultinon gen 2 fitted to my mk9 facelift. Nice bright white color. Much better than standard bulbs or osram laser. Not as good as hid's, but as had bad expierence with hids before (as no cooling or headlight wash, burned headlight on previous car ). So now went with led's and so far happy enough.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. No problems fitting the Ultinons? Adjustments needed in terms of centering? (Glare etc to other drivers) And indeed... Overheating is one of the concerns.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Fitting was straight forward. Tight inside but everything fitted where it should. No need for adjustment. No glare for drivers. Went throw europe with only lights lowered down and had no flashes at me. Check youtube for some reviews on led's. As it has less brightness in centre to compare with normal bulbs.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Fitting was straight forward. Tight inside but everything fitted where it should. No need for adjustment. No glare for drivers. Went throw europe with only lights lowered down and had no flashes at me. Check youtube for some reviews on led's. As it has less brightness in centre to compare with normal bulbs.
does it go through mot ok with those bulbs in?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Philips looks like a good quality product, but very very expensive (compaired to AliExpress version)
However you are more likely to avoid issues like radio issues with a Philips set, nonbranded AliExpress versions are always a gamble....

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys! Jist lettin you know that i went for the phillips extreme ultinon leds for low beams. Installed nice and the garage lined them out without hassle. The novlights are in high beam. Great light output. Will send pics

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Well done👍 any pictures? Whats your opinion about novsnight bulbs? Any good, which model exactly you got? Thinking to upgrade fogs with novsnight's leds if they fine ...

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Well done👍 any pictures? Whats your opinion about novsnight bulbs? Any good, which model exactly you got? Thinking to upgrade fogs with novsnight's leds if they fine ...
I can't remember if it's on my thread, but I'd suggest you have a look at "OSRAM F1 Fog Lights" - They're full replacement units, and they have a perfect beam pattern. They fit straight in in place of the OEM Fog lights.

I managed to get them for £30 thanks to an amazon warehouse deal.

I did have some LED H11 Bulbs in my fog lights, but I found they were quite poor - No existent beam pattern, and not especially bright.

I do have Novisight H7 Bulbs in my high beam, and they certainly do the job - They're bright enough, and I'm sure if I slightly rotated them into alignment they'd be near perfect.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Thank you for a decent answer 👍 in regards of osram f1 unit a bit to much money for something what i might use couple times a year unless for price you paid. Hence just want something cheaper but still decent plug and play. Read a few good reviews regards novsnight so thought it might be worth considering. Will see might have o good deal as not in rush to get one yet so have time to look around.
Thanks again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts