2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you might be aware from here (http://www.civinfo.com/forum/lights/56125-jum-fn2-custom-drl-do-yourself.html) I've been trying to get some DRL's made up for the Civic.

The ones in the above mentioned thread look awesome but are not waterproof (not so much of a problem in Turkey but It'd would be a major problem here in the UK!) or E-Marked so wouldn't pass an MOT.

I've just got the first picture from my supplier of the unit..

Specs:
Pure White beam colour
3W per 'bulb'
110 degree beam
CE, E-mark approved
Waterproof (IP65)
Over Temperature Protected
Over Voltage Protected

Price is going to be dependant on size of the order I can place so who would be interested?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
me 100 percento :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hello

I would be interested, dependant on the price. :)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Is this just for the lights? or will it come with wiring etc to make them a true DRL (turn off when lights are turned on etc)

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bare kit (without auto switch off) that could be attached to the fog light wiring is going to be around the £40 + postage for each unit (2x sets of 4 lights)

These are 100% aluminium construction so will be more expensive than the plastic 'single lens' kits... is that more than people were expecting?

·
Registered
299 Posts
looks interesting could be interested, 40 quid seems ok for a decent quality kit

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I'd be interested if it is a genuine idiots guide :D

Ie. Plug A to socket A, wire cutting I am not so keen on, as I will of course break something.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
yeah maybe be up for this

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd be interested if it is a genuine idiots guide :D

Ie. Plug A to socket A, wire cutting I am not so keen on, as I will of course break something.
It'll just be a couple of scotchlok connectors to clip together onto the existing fog light wiring.

I'm looking into getting an option with the full DRL control box (Lights turn on with engine then off when you turn on main lights) but haven't had a price on that unit yet.

why are they yellow?
That's the colour of the LED element which generates the light, which is pure white coloured light! No yellow hints to the light at all

thatll just be the fitting back and stuff? theyll be shining white surely
Yep, pure white LEDs :)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts