2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
I did this 4 years ago on my old ep3 type S. I was not impressed. The indicator bulbs I replaced with conventional silver bulbs and these were fine, reversing lights were replaced with led bulbs, again these were fine. When it came to the rear side and stop bulbs I was very disappointed, the lights were not as bright as with conventional bulbs with the brake lights hard to make out from normal side lights. Checked that I had the correct bulbs and they were. I ended up going back to conventional bulbs for rear side and stop lights.

It may be that the technolog7 has moved on since then and leds might be better, I'm sure someone else will advise.

LP

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I did the same on my motorbike and it's just a relay swap.

The question is, where is the relay for the indicators on the Civic? as far as I can tell it's not in either of the fuse panels?!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
sounds like the tick tock is below the speedo unit.
I came to the same conclusion, it must be in the dash. When I get some time next week I'll have to ave a closer look - I need to find the feed before the relay so I can have my DRLs dim on indicate!

·
Learner
271 Posts
Any update Syx ? I've stumbled across this as I've just got the hyperflash.
I'm interested in the dimming on DRL's progress as well.:popcorn:

Found these:
LED Flasher Unit 2,3 & 4 Pin
and they don't mention positives legs.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I found the MICU input and output under the dash by the footwell. Unfortunately I've gotten no further as the internal bit is a mystery to me; all I can find is the input on one side and the output on the other. Somewhere in the middle is the flasher unit but it's not audible so I'm guessing it's transistor rather than traditional relays.

As such I set up some circuitry to dim the LEDs for DRLs on indicator flash and on sidelight activation. Will see about posting the circuit diagrams if I can as they're all on paper!

Unfortunately that doesn't help with the hyperflash.

·
Learner
271 Posts
I'll investigate later. Is there a How To to remove the dash ?

Can to cutout be used without the dimmer ? as I already have one on mine from Atomic.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Learner
271 Posts
Right, the car is in bits. And I've found it.....I think. This picture is the back of the digital speedo.
Electronics Electronic engineering Electronic component Circuit component Technology

Bottom right is the flasher switch/switcher/solenoid/relay. I switched the indicator on and it ticks and vibrates just like the old ones.

Your move !

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right, the car is in bits. And I've found it.....I think. This picture is the back of the digital speedo.
View attachment 71410
Bottom right is the flasher switch/switcher/solenoid/relay. I switched the indicator on and it ticks and vibrates just like the old ones.

Your move !
can we get a close up picture of the botton left so we can see the socket it plugs into as it does not look like a standard type.
alSso what does thay QR Code say in the top right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.